Thread: Hillary Clinton praises ineffective 1994 semi-auto ban

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Postak Hillary Clinton praises ineffective 1994 semi-auto ban

"And there's no doubt in my mind that the 10 years we had an assault weapons ban in America was one of the tools that helped to drive down the crime rate. And we've been really fortunate. We changed our policing techniques, which we're sharing with the Mexicans. We put in more technology, which we're advising the Mexicans about. But getting those assault weapons off the streets was really helpful." - Hillary Clinton

More...

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Even more of that quote, in context (bold mine)
    I remember 15 years ago, the reason the assault weapons ban was passed is because police chiefs in America begged for it. They said, I'm sending my guys out onto the street, they're being outgunned. The criminals, the gang members, they have automatic weapons, military assault rifles. Get them off the street. Give our guys a fighting chance.

And there's no doubt in my mind that the 10 years we had an assault weapons ban in America was one of the tools that helped to drive down the crime rate. And we've been really fortunate. We changed our policing techniques, which we're sharing with the Mexicans. We put in more technology, which we're advising the Mexicans about. But getting those assault weapons off the streets was really helpful. We also began to better arm our own police.

But if Americans will just think back, those of us old enough to remember, what it was like 15, 20 years ago when our own police were facing those assault weapons, and now, unfortunately, the Mexican police are.

So we have to take our share of the responsibility because they're bought by straw purchasers. They are smuggled across the border. And then they are used to, as you point out, you know, kill a brave policewoman who was doing her job.
    So, according to Clinton, we have automatic weapons, military assault rifles for sale here in the U.S. that are being sold to Mexicans. And the Clinton AWB somehow took these AUTOMATIC military assault rifles off our streets?

What an utter lie, one that only a corrupt, manipulative power monger like Clinton could utter without blushing. And Sustern just went along with it, didn't challenge it or bring forth any facts regarding the disingenuous lie Clinton just told.

Excuse me while I puke.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score

And I still say she needs a good stiff one in the pie hole....a permanent one at that!!!!! Hell, make that all holes!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

The most ridiculous part of this is that the 1994 ban really only banned bayonet lugs, threaded muzzles, and collapsible stocks....... Hillary never said how many people were run through with bayonets before the ban as opposed to after the ban.... Or could it be that the bad guys couldn't figure out how to use an AK with a Dragunov style stock? Either I am missing something or Mrs. Clinton is spewing out thoughts without thinking again. Why don't they put her in an interview with someone who is knowledgable about the 1994 AWB?

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.