Thread: The Myth of 90 Percent: Only a Small Fraction of Guns in Mexico Come From U.S.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Postak The Myth of 90 Percent: Only a Small Fraction of Guns in Mexico Come From U.S.

You've heard this shocking "fact" before -- on TV and radio, in newspapers, on the Internet and from the highest politicians in the land: 90 percent of the weapons used to commit crimes in Mexico come from the United States.There's just one problem with the 90 percent "statistic" and it's a big one:It's just not true.

More...

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

So, a quick recap:

About 5100 guns, 90% of the 6,000 traceable guns of the 11,000 guns shipped to the BATF of the total of 29,000 guns seized by Mexican authorities were traceable to U.S. sources.

5100 divided by 29,000 is 17, almost 18% of all guns seized last year were of U.S. origin. NOT 90%. Seems to me that it'd be better for China, Guatemala, etc. - OTHER countries to implement gun control. Oh, wait. Those countries already have in place draconian gun control laws.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

you know what irks me is --that this is getting virtually NO press. while the LIE that most guns in mexico came from the US citizen--has been played to death on the TV.

we should petition the news agency's for perpetuating a information fraud!!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.