Thread: California: Microstamping triggers backlash from gun industry

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Postak California: Microstamping triggers backlash from gun industry

California regulators have approved far fewer semi automatic pistols for sale in the wake of a state law that required new safety devices in 2006 and 2007.Now, with a new bullet stamping law scheduled to take effect in 2010, the gun industry predicts it will introduce even fewer new models in California rather than install a device necessary to trace individual casings to a statewide database.

More...

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Feedback Score

Wisconsin is trying the same thing, they are trying to guarantee there will be no new guns sold after the law takes effect. Can't find a thing on the status of the bill and I suspect that they are keeping quiet about it in order to avoid voter back lash.
    Life Member of Wisconsin Libertarians, WGO, GOA, JPFO, NRA, American Legion and VFW

Women are pretty but guns, dogs and mules have never lied to me

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Old Grump View Post
    Wisconsin is trying the same thing, they are trying to guarantee there will be no new guns sold after the law takes effect. Can't find a thing on the status of the bill and I suspect that they are keeping quiet about it in order to avoid voter back lash.
    SB174?
    Wisconsin Ammo Microstamping Bill to be Heard Next Week

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tanvil View Post
    At some point, one would think that the firearms manufacturers would wake up and smell the coffee. The gun-grabbers will never be satisfied until all the gun makers are out of business. Give an inch, and they'll keep coming back for more and more and more. I'd LOVE to see the gun makers tell Kommiefornia to piss off; no more guns for their LEOs due to their stupid anti-2nd amendment laws. Will they? Probably not. They aren't looking more than a quarter or two down the road, so they don't realize what's coming their way if they keep yielding. Or maybe they're hoping for larger LEO contracts; once everyone but criminals and police are disarmed, it's going to take a hell of a lot more police to try to maintain some semblance of societal order, and that would mean more guns for the state police.

Better to tell them to pound sand. The first gun maker who does, I'll go out the very next day and buy one of their products, and keep buying as much as I can as a gesture of support. In fact, I think I'll use some time this weekend (after I reply to the latest AARP commie-gram and tell them to shove themselves up their own asses) to write to the gun makers with my suggestion.
    Q - What is Bambi?

A - Viable Target

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by tanvil View Post
    Hearing was December 1, since then nothing

The anti's are desperate to get as many of their bills passed as they can before next November because they just might lose their majority. In the meantime they are as oblivious as California liberals are about the loss of jobs, income, taxes and the infringement of rights. Everybody thinks its the Berkley acid droppers and tree humpers that are responsible for this but the movement started on the East coast, hit a peak in Michigan and Wisconsin and was eagerly embraced by the flower powers in sunny California. The fruit for brain types aren't any more malignant in California then they are here, there are just more of them on the west coast because there are more large urban areas where human pond scum sippers and smokers flourish.
    Life Member of Wisconsin Libertarians, WGO, GOA, JPFO, NRA, American Legion and VFW

Women are pretty but guns, dogs and mules have never lied to me

Feedback Score

Hi One gun manufacture has aready told Kalifornia to go pound sand.Ron Barrett who makes 50 bmg rifles,because of the ban on them ,he came out with his own cartridge smaqll than a 50cal. not banded,will not sell his rifles in Kalifornia.Will not fix any Kalifornia police dept etc.This man has BIG BALLS if we could get others follow.One thumb short

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.