Gunco Forums banner

Firearms, Inc.

299 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  sjohnson 
#1 ·
A Collection of Essays and Articles Discussing McDonald v. City of Chicago, the Second Amendment, Its Contour in Light of District of Columbia v. Heller, and Its Possible Incorporation Through the Fourteenth Amendment.

More...

#2 ·
I could only read the first and a part of the second. My blood pressure went up too high.

The first essentially demanded that the only meaning of "militia" was a State or Federal controlled and organized force.

The first definition of "militia" on the web, from Google define:militia
Definitions of militia on the Web:

* civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army
* the entire body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service; "their troops were untrained militia"; "Congress shall have power to provide for calling forth the militia"--United States Constitution
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
So, I guess Princeton doesn't know their English language as well as that author :rolleyes:

The second article twisted (IMHO) history to "prove" the history as reviewed in Heller was, well, twisted. Tautologically self-serving, typical arrogant lawyer-speak throughout, but in the guise of thorough legal review.

If I, as a layman, can see through this kind of anti-rights crap, I sorely hope the Supreme Court finds it even easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.