Thread: Jesse Jackson: We are going to march on gun shops

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Postak Jesse Jackson: We are going to march on gun shops

Last night in Racine, Wisconsin, while demanding jobs for the unemployed, Jesse Jackson decided to slam job creating gun dealers and called for a march on gun shops all over the country.

More...

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Ya know, growing up on a farm, my mom always told me that the difference between man and animal was 'the ability to think and reason'.
    I'm almost speechless on this one.

Jesse Jackson: We Are Going to March on Gun Shops
    By Katie Pavlich
    6/4/2012

Last night in Racine, Wisconsin, while demanding jobs for the unemployed, Jesse Jackson decided to slam job creating gun dealers and called for a march on gun shops all over the country. h/t Katy Abram

"Guns out, jobs in."

Jackson wants to get rid of the very thing that has kept the economy afloat during Obama's presidency. The firearms industry has not only created jobs in the past three years but has also provided the government with a steady revenue stream.

NSSF today released a newly commissioned report detailing double-digit gains in jobs and other data showing the industry has been a leader in the nation’s economic recovery. The report can be viewed at Firearms and Ammunition Industry Economic Impact Report 2012 | NSSF.

Firearms industry members on Capitol Hill were briefed on such remarkable statistics as the 30.6 percent increase in jobs between 2008 and 2011, a 66.5 percent increase in economic impact and a 66.5 percent increase in federal taxes paid by industry companies.

Armed with the good news of the report and recognizing that jobs and the economy are of major importance in the November elections, industry executives are meeting today with elected officials during the NSSF-sponsored Congressional Fly-In.

“During difficult economic times and high unemployment rates nationally, our industry actually grew and created more than ten thousand new, well-paying jobs,” said NSSF President Steve Sanetti. “Our industry is proud to be one of the bright spots in this economy.”

Photobucket

More:

Companies in the United States that manufacture, distribute and sell firearms, ammunition and hunting equipment employ as many as 98,752 people in the country and generate an additional 110,998 jobs in supplier and ancillary industries. These include jobs in companies supplying goods and services to manufacturers, distributors and retailers, as well as those that depend on sales to workers in the firearms and ammunition industry. [1]

These are good jobs, paying an average of $46,858 in wages and benefits. And today, every job is important. In fact, in the United States the unemployment rate has reached 8.2 percent. This means that there are already 13,430,000 people trying to find jobs in the state and collecting unemployment benefits. [2]

Not only does the manufacture and sale of firearms and hunting supplies create good jobs in the United States but the industry also contributes to the economy as a whole. In fact, in 2012 the firearms and ammunition industry was responsible for as much as $31.84 billion in total economic activity in the country.

The Country Also Benefits from the Taxes Paid by the Industry

Not only does the firearms and ammunition industry create jobs, it also generates sizable tax revenues. In the United States the industry and its employees pay over $2.07 billion in taxes including property, income, and sales based levies. [3]

Photobucket
    Photobucket

Hey Jackson, don't bite the hand that feeds you.
    Katie Pavlich
    Katie Pavlich is the News Editor at Townhall.com. Follow her on Twitter @katiepavlich. She is also the author of Fast and Furious: Barack Obama's Bloodiest Scandal and the Shameless Cover-Up.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

The article has the stats.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

jessie jackson is one dumb joker. in a world where paying jobs are drying up--dumbo there wants to kill a few hundred thousand more jobs?

and most firearms are made in the USA--one of the last things really---

i wonder if china is paying him off??

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Cheese headed clown.
    Doesn't know Ketchup from Mustard.
    Charter member-Busted Box Club est. 2006

"I will adhere to the Patriot Act, the one signed in 1776"
    - Marc Anderson

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

There is definitly a globalist in the woodpile.

Here's the article with the numbers.
    Problems w/ posting pics lately and they are in pic format so they didn't come up.

Take a look at the increases since 08. The only growth in the economy unless you want to include all the nut squeezing perverts at the airport.

Jesse Jackson: We Are Going to March on Gun Shops - Katie Pavlich

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Jackson is scratching now, nothing else to protest about I guess. What a peice of shit he is. I remember him from back in the days of MLK and he was a contributing factor in the dimise of MLK in my opinion, radical trouble maker!! Keep sturing the pot jesse ,,, just to see what floats to the top!! GEZZZZ get over yourself.

Feedback Score

JJ ruined the town of Cairo IL back in the 1960's

No jobs there now

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

This guy defies reason.

For one thing, it is inherently a bad idea to march on gunstores because the guys inside, well, they have guns.

Secondly if the numbers in the article are even close to accurate, I'd guess they have jobs too.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Even if they do , they'd be smart not to be throwing any bricks at anyone there, might not be all that good a call. Never know, we might get lucky and JJ will chuck a couple at someones head and he'll get capped,,,, Oh one could only hope!!! ME BAD!!!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.