Thread: AutoZone Employee Fired After Saving Manager, (WTKR, Hampton Roads, Va. 11/30/12)

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Postak AutoZone Employee Fired After Saving Manager, (WTKR, Hampton Roads, Va. 11/30/12)

An armed robber, who police believe has robbed more than 30 businesses on Virginia’s middle peninsula, entered an AutoZone in York County, Va. and attempted to rob the store. Upon recognizing the criminal who has been called the “fake beard bandit,” store employee Devin McClean retreated to the store’s bathroom, then exited the store and headed for his truck. McClean retrieved a pistol from his vehicle, reentered the store and ordered the criminal to freeze as he was terrorizing another employee. At first the bandit complied and threw his hands in the air, but then he fled the scene. Following the incident, the manager on duty told McClean, “thank you Devin, you really saved my life.” Unfortunately, two days after the attempted robbery, McClean was fired by AutoZone, whose corporate office cited a zero tolerance policy when contacted by the media. Despite losing his job, McClean says he wouldn’t change anything, stating, “If I can save somebody’s life, I put that way above store policy.”

More...

Feedback Score

Thanks for posting this, Gunco.
    We need more people who are willing to defend themselves and others.

I'm convinced that the bad guys feel they can overwhelm their victims 9 times out of 10 and so they just keep on pulling their BS. If they thought there was a good chance of coming out second best, more low-lifes might think twice-- or find another line of work.
    Jones762
    Sacramento, Cal.

Miracle Machine Works
    "If it's a good part-- it's a MIRACLE".

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

They should have promoted the guy instead of firing him.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.