Thread: Vermont: Sportsmenís Act of 2013 Signed into Law

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Postak Vermont: Sportsmenís Act of 2013 Signed into Law

Today at the Barre Fish and Game Club, Governor Peter Shumlin (D) ceremonially signed into law the Sportsmenís Act of 2013, House Bill 101.† As amended by the state House Fish, Wildlife & Water Resources Committee, this new law will allow Vermonters to carry a handgun for self-defense while bow hunting or dog training, provided that game is not be harvested with the pistol during archery season.† This law will take effect on July 1, and strengthens bow hunters and dog trainers inherent right to self-defense while afield. †

More...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

We have pretty good common sense gun laws here in Vt , but this law really won't effect overall laws here that much at all.

It just helps bow hunters be a bit more safe while bow hunting,,,ever been followed by yotties when your dragging out a deer,,,,Well I have and it's no fun,, a noise maker would be good to dissuade them some from getting to close. Around here there pretty damn bold and they make me nervous when I'm out there. We have a local yottie hunting club that keeps them at bay pretty well, but there still an issue sometimes.

That's just about all this law does. But we've got good laws here already, to bad they don't enforce most of them! That's the only area lacking as far as Vt. laws go. Enforcement.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.