Thread: Connecticut State Police to gunmakers: No more advice on law

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Postak Connecticut State Police to gunmakers: No more advice on law

Back in May, a month after Gov. Dannel P. Malloy signed the state's gun control law, Stag Arms of New Britain came up with a modified design and took it to the state police firearms unit to see whether it would pass muster.The unit was helpful, even making a design suggestion that would help assure the gun would not be classified as an illegal assault weapon. Stag prepared to make the rifle, a .22 caliber version of the military style AR 15.Then in June, the state legislature tightened the law in order to correct a few problems. Stag returned with an updated model, seeking an opinion.But this time, the firearms unit had a different answer."I was told to get a lawyer, figure it out and if I'm wrong I'm going to have to deal with it," said Mark Malkowski, the Stag Arms owner and president. "It's my responsibility to interpret .... I was told we were no longer allowed to bring prototypes in."

More...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I wish these NRA feed links would take you directly to the stories. It's kind of a PITA to have to go to the NRA site first, just to get to the real link.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.