Thread: New Jersey: Gov. Christie vetoes three gun control bills

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Postak New Jersey: Gov. Christie vetoes three gun control bills

Gov. Christie rejected three major pieces of gun control legislation Friday that Democrats passed following last year's fatal school shootings in Connecticut.Despite proposing a ban on purchases of the Barrett .50 caliber gun and similar weapons in April, Christie vetoed a bill that would have done just that.He said Friday that the bill went too far, in that it would have criminalized current and future ownership of all .50 caliber guns, which have never been used in crimes in New Jersey, but are used by marksmen for long range, precision shooting.

More...

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Although I'm glad he vetoed the gun control bills - I wonder if he is trying to look more progun before the next presidential elections (where he might be a candidate). Just a random thought...
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.