Gunco Forums banner

siaga 308 accuracy???

5K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Darth AkSarBen 
#1 ·
is anyone have any experience with the saiga's 16 and 20 plus inch barrel rifles. Maybe muzzle speed between the two??? and accuracy.

#2 ·
i have a 16 and 20 inch 308s--haven't had a shoot off to see which one will pull the best MOA as one is scoped the other is iron sights.

the 20 inch scoped with a good scope ammo and mount is a solid 1.5MOA or even less at times depending on how good the ammo is. it does about 2inch moa on the steel case 308/7.62x51--pretty darn good if you ask me.

#4 ·
I believe the thread was on Calguns, but there were some guys that did a head to head comparo of a Springfield M1a vs. a Saiga .308.

What it came down to is there was no noticable difference in accuracy between the two rifles.

I've been thinking of getting a 308 Saiga but man.. #1 I don't need another 308 to feed and #2 lord knows I have enough Kalashniovs.

#5 ·
I can relate to having to feed another 308, its like having a house full of Red-Headed step kids with a 10 ft tape worm? I was looking at center fire systems, they have one with a 21 inch barrel and thumbhole stock. I have the 16, think I'll just buy ammo instead. Thanks

#7 ·
I picked up a 22" model 2 years ago. Put a bi-pod on and a 3x9x40 scope. Broke in the barrel slowly and that sucker hits clay skeet disks at 350 yards. Keeps all shots on a quarter at 100 yards. Even put up against an AR10 last spring and we went shot for shot for 20 rounds. The AR10 owner was amazed. For a rifle that was only $389.00 on Wolf ammo to shoot like that ? Its worth it..Now have to go to the bank to get a loan to buy some magazines for it..

#8 ·
I picked up a 22" model 2 years ago. Put a bi-pod on and a 3x9x40 scope. Broke in the barrel slowly and that sucker hits clay skeet disks at 350 yards. Keeps all shots on a quarter at 100 yards. Even put up against an AR10 last spring and we went shot for shot for 20 rounds. The AR10 owner was amazed. For a rifle that was only $389.00 on Wolf ammo to shoot like that ? Its worth it..Now have to go to the bank to get a loan to buy some magazines for it..
Thanks, you made me feel good about my recent purchase. I have the 16" model. Would be nice if I could pick it up for what you guys got it for. Here in Kali we pay a lot more just to have the privilidge of owning such guns. Paid more than $700 for mine. I wanted to get the JLD Ptr 91 but that one I really need to get a loan from the bank. ($1800 plus)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.