Gunco Forums banner

Saiga 308 FSB/FH

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  SA58 
#1 · (Edited)
Just thought I would contribute a little to this new forum. This photo is of Russian Izhmash made FSB/FHs for the Saiga 308 and one made for the SVDS.

Notice the height difference in the FSB. If one was to use a FSB/FH designed for a SVD or SVDS on their Saiganov conversion the irons would be useless.

See less See more
#6 ·
It's probably just me, but those look kind of crude.

DPH, if your hep to manufacture something.. duplicate the existing press on, sleeve type FSB, just add a 1/2" threaded section forward of the muzzle so people can put on the FH/Brake of their choice. Simple.

#8 ·
I have the measurements for the AKSU "hinge block"... I have pressed it onto my AKSU build so I can't actually loan you the part any more unless I take the gun apart.

Let me see if I have those measurements scanned somewhere...

#10 ·
Thats just I want to put on the muzzle of the SAIGA that I have .
Just thought I would contribute a little to this new forum. This photo is of Russian Izhmash made FSB/FHs for the Saiga 308 and one made for the SVDS.

Notice the height difference in the FSB. If one was to use a FSB/FH designed for a SVD or SVDS on their Saiganov conversion the irons would be useless.

#12 ·
+1 on the 12, 20, or over sized gas and front site blocks. We need them for heavy barrel builds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.