Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Saiga - SLG-10/AK-103/Arsenal

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The SGL 10 also only takes the Saiga mags where the complete conversion (bullet guide and shaved mag lever catch) allows use of AK mags. Add on the extras and labor and you may have what is essentially a AK-103. If your rifle takes AK mags and cycles well then that's what you got. Unless I am missing something here I amassuming you have a SGL-10 converted to a AK-103. I took a SGL-10 and for all practical purposes did my conversion to a AK-103.

- Black Blade
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Today I finished one of the SGL-10 with a new bullet guide, shaved the mag release lever to accept surplus AK mags, and changed the stock to an adjustable stock. Now it will take both the surplus AK-47 magazines and the Saiga magazines. I will have to take it out to the gun club wheather permitting.

When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Never did find out what the OP settled on.....

An SGL10 is of course NOT setup as a "true" AK

Just as Black Blades pictures show, the primary AK feature of FCG returned to its original position, is not done.

How does someone sell that as a real AK?

Now the SGL20 is a differnent story :-)

Cheers, HarvKY

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I too own an Arsenal SGL-10. I wanted a Russian AK base rifle, and as an earlier poster said that means starting with a Saiga. I intend to build it into a real AK/facsimile by moving the FCG and pistol grip forward.

In the meantime I have a rifle that is 922r compliant; with a bullet guide it shoots most hi cap soviet block mags. Black Blad, my setup looks exactly like yours! But that will be changing soon, when I move the grip and fcg forward.

This rifle has the appropriate dimples, X & Y stampings, and the Ismash logo and rollmarks. Soon it will look like a veritable Russian AK!

This is my first post on this forum, but I have been a member on several other discussion boards. I'm familiar with Chris Butler's rep, which is solid. As for the original poster, he now owns a Chris Butler /AK-USA custom, that was imported by way of Arsenal. The price that he indicated seems to be fair rate for taking an $800 Arsenal and then adding the same mods that I'm planning, which are easily worth and additional $250 for a custom shop build.

Most custom builders are so busy these days, that they're not even taking wait-list orders. Since the "Obamination" last Nov., I would guess that prices are even higher today for the same custom work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.