Ok folks, I need some help. I'm trying to understand what just happened with a purchase of an SLG-10 (from AK-103.com).
Note: I am posting this same question to some other forums with the intent of getting a variety of responses. Sorry if you run into it elsewhere.
- Started shopping in October 2008 for my first AK
- Read a ton of information from several web sites
- A local dealer recommended Arsenal
- Researched Arsenal and decided on an SLR-107FR
- Went shopping
- While shopping I ran across numerous forum posts about problems with Arsenal's rifles and customer service
- Noted in most of these posts that going with a build from Chris Butler at AK-103 was a better bet
- Forums turned me off about Arsenal
- Talked to Chris Butler and ordered one of his AK-103s (October)
- 8 weeks passed
- Yesterday (12/17) my FFL calls, rifle arrived
- Began to loving inspect my new weapon and lo and behold it's stamped Arsenal
- I dig through the box for manual - SGL-10 from Arsenal
- Find a tag on the box - SGL-10 from Arsenal
- Go to Arsenal's Wedb site, identical weapon
- EMail Chris - response is I don't really know what I'm looking at, doesn't deny it's an Arsenal SLG-10
So what just happened???
My basic feel is I did NOT want an Arsenal rifle so I believed I was purchasing a custom Chris Butler rifle from AK-103.
On top of this I paid AK-103 $1028.00 for this weapon. I don't have a problem with that for a custom build but I see on the forums prices noted of $600 to $700 and on one gun auction site today there is an SLG-10 NIB with a buy it now price of $700 and another for $750 and another for $715 and another for $799. I would have paid these sums for an Arsenal weapon if I'd wanted an Arsenal but I wouldn't have paid what I paid FOR an Arsenal.
So: Should I just live with this or should I start raising holy hell over it by demanding a refund?
What say ye?