Gunco Forums banner

Saiga .308 muzzle

5K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  eyegun 
#1 ·
I just recently got a .308 Saiga and I was looking at all the different muzzle options available. I've seen DinzagArms site which requires quite a bit a work plus tool rental to thread the barrell. Recently, I saw some other sites that have muzzle brakes that attach with just a pin.

If I were to move my FSB back on the barrel could I use the pin style muzzle brakes instead of having to thread the barrel? Is the threaded muzzle brake better than the pinned one? or are they both just as good?

Please help, thanks.

#2 ·
I had a muzzlebrake adapter that slid over the fsb.The 2 times that i tried it,it blew it off.It was an ak74 type of brake.If your moving the fsb back ,why not go all the way and thread the barrel for the best fit and center mount.I'm in the same process now .I just moved my fsb back ,now i just need to rent the thread kit from dinzag.Being a .308 with all of the gas and pressure,i would opt. for threaded barrel.Oh that adapter was held on by one of the fsb pins,just wasn't enought to hold it.Dinzag arms used to have an adapter too but they stopped selling it due to the same problems that i was experiencing.I'm abit concerned about screwing up his die set though but i heard it wasn't too hard.Don't forget about parts count,once u put a brake on ,i think it qulifies it for a foreign assault rifle but u probably know that. good luck man.

#3 ·
I finally got the AK74 style brake from Dinzag. I also got the the threading kit and have already installed the brake. I decided to do a FSB delete relying only on optics for now. The threading was easy. Its just a matter of taking the time to do it patiently. Now I am just waiting for the thread protector and crush nut from Dinzag.

About the parts count, it only applies to non-sporting configurations. Since I'm in Kalifornia and prefer to keep the mag release, I have no choice but to leave the rifle unconverted. On top of that, I am only limited to 10rnd mags. So no matter what, the gun is in a sporter configuration and is exempt from 922r requirements.

Here's a pic of my finished rifle.

#4 ·
Glad to see you got it done,i still havn't taken the plunge.Iv'e been trying to put togethher parts for an HK PSG-1 build.I need to just focus on my saiga for now and get it done the way i want.I would like to just buy the die and tap set instead of renting.I guess your picture was deleted due to age. I'll check your profile pictures to see if you have one there.

#9 ·
I like to press out the barrel and turn the diameter of the barrel down a bit to accept a standard AK74 front sight base. But that is just me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.