Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Help needed for trigger job.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

And FYI no one has ever been cited for 922r--or even harrased to my knowledge.
    FYI I HAVE HAD MY GUNS CHECKED AS I HAVE POSED AT LEAST 10 TIMES HERE AND OTHER FORUMS BY LEO'S. HAD I NOT BEEN COMPLIANT I WOULD HAVE BEEN PROSICUTED!!!
    NOW YOU KNOW OF SOME ONE WHO HAS BEEN HARASSED!

And in a about a year if this economic implosion goes the way I think it will... this 922r thing will not be a concern to anyone, anymore.
    I DOUBT YOUR A ECONOMIST OR A FIRE ARM LAW EXPERT AND CERTAINLY NOT A AK EXPERT OR YOU WPOULD NOT BE ASKING YOUR ORIGINAL QUESTION. SO SO TAKING YOUR ADVICE WILL LIKELY BE A BAD IDEA!!. THE LAWS ARE ALREADY ON THE BOOKS MAKING FUTURE INCREASED ENFORCMENT EVEN MORE LIKELY, NOT LESS. iF THEY CANT GET YOU WITH NEW LAWS THEY SURE THE HELL CAN GET YOU WITH THE CURRENT ONES IF YOU ARE NOT COMPLIANT.

NOW AS FAR AS YOUR ORIGINAL QUESTION. I AM NOT SURE IF YOU HAVE CONVERTED TO A PISTOL GRIP OR NOT. IF YOU HAVE NOT THEN ADDING A REGULAR TAPCO WONT WORK. IF YOU ARE GOING TO CONVERT TO A PISTOL GRIP THEN YES A TAPCO WILL WORK. HOW EVER REPLACING A STOCK TRIGGER IN A NORMAL AK WITH A STOCK TAPCO REALLY DOSENT GIVE YOU A IMPROVMENT. I ASSUME THAT YOU ARE DOING A CONVERSION TO PISTOL GRIP SINCE YOU HAVE ASKED ABOUT USING A AK TRIGGER GUARD. IF YOU DO TRUELY HAVE A SAGIA WITH ENOUGH COMPLIANT PARTS TO NOT NEED USA MADE TRIGGER PARTS THAN BUYING A TAPCO WILL NOT DO ANY THING FOR YOU IN REGARDS WITH TRIGGER QUALITY.

YOU USED THE TERM TRIGGER JOB THAT NORMALY EQUATES TO IMPROVING TRIGGER FEEL,AN QUALITY. THIS IS ACOMPLISHED WITH FILEING AND POLISHING AND ADJUSTING PRE AND OVER TRAVEL. IT TAKES CONSIDERABLE SKILL AND PRACTICE. DONE WRONG CAN BE VERY DANGERIOUS. MY BEST ADVICE IS TO BUY A RED STAR ADJUSTABLE FOR AROUND $75 IT IS MONEY WELL SPENT AND IS LIKELY THE BEST SINGLE IMPROVEMENT YOU CAN MAKE TO A AK AS FAR AS IMPROVING SHOOTABILITY.

DO A SEARCH ON TRIGGER WORK I HAVE POSTED A LOT ON IT.

said I already got the all stuff for 922r compliance (some made by myself)--and this is why I said don't go there.
    Everyone is so preachy about this subject, and they ignore the original question.... just like you have.

Jeeze!
    YOU COME HERE WITH VITUALYNO POSTS ASKING QUESTIONS ON POSSABLY DOING ILEAGLE WORK TO YOUR GUN WITH VERY UNCLEAR QUESTIONS AS TO WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO ACOMPLISH! IN 5 POSTS YOU HAVE PISSSED OF SEVERAL OF THE MOST KNOWLEDGABLE AK BUILDERS ON THE NET. TO BE HONEST IF YOU ARE SO UP ON COMPLIANCE THEN YOU WOULD NOT BE ASKING ABOT TRIGGER WORK. MEMBERS HERE ARE ONLY TRYING TO KEEP YOU FROM SPENDING 10 YEARS TAKING IT IN THE ASS FROM YOUR CELL MATE. IT TAKES TIME TO BECOME RESPECTED HERE AND YOUR POST COMES ACROSS AS AROGENT INTENTIAL OR NOT.

IF YOU HAVE MADE SOME PARTS FOR YOUR GUN POST SOME PICTURES IM SURE EVERY ONE WOULD BE INTERESTED. IT WOULD ALSO HELP GUY FEEL MORE CONFIDENT THERE NOT ADING AND ABEDING YOU. PLEASE UNDER STAND NO ONE KNOWS YOU HERE.

WELCOME TO GUNCO.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I haven't posted in this forum before but just saw a friend's Saiga 223 and I have been bitten by the bug.

Let me share something about MKS - Mike Kelley - the guy who rewelded M-14's and made them into M1A's without BATF approval. I believe that he left the selector well intact which is a no-no but it doesn't matter.

They got him for making a 'semi-automatic assault weapon'. I was told it translated into 'compliance parts' but I am not an attorney.

To be clear, the BATF told him to stop but he didn't. To be clear again, he made 'machine guns' and sold them as semi's. They prosecuted him on the semi charge.

The lesson, my brothers, is that if they wanna get 'cha, they will. With Rahm Emmanuel and the anti's in power, remember Hill Street Blues...."Let's be careful out there."

That said, you guys are awesome.

"MOLON LABE!!"
    Spartan King Leonidas to the Persians in response to 'Lay down your arms.'

"COME AND TAKE THEM!"

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Let's not equate gun forum etiquette with preaching.

Gunco has a legal standing and reputation to protect. What a private citizen does or does not do with their possessions is none of our concern. Discussing potentially illegal activity on a public forum such as Gunco, regardless of whether or not action may be taken by governmental agencies, is not good for the health and well-being of Gunco and should not be attempted by any member who respects the service being provided here.

My opinion, and I'm sticking to it.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score

I DOUBT YOUR A ECONOMIST OR A FIRE ARM LAW EXPERT AND CERTAINLY NOT A AK EXPERT OR YOU WPOULD NOT BE ASKING YOUR ORIGINAL QUESTION. SO SO TAKING YOUR ADVICE WILL LIKELY BE A BAD IDEA!!.

This really proves that some people don't read.

I never said I was not going to be 922 compliant--I'm there already.
    My original statement was because all these questions are replied with 922r pleads, chides, or statements... which I could care less about--because I'm already compliant.
    I just wanted some quick information.

And yes--I work in finance. And yes I have a background in economics.
    Any yes you should be very, very worried about the banking system at this very moment.
    And you should be very, very worried about your savings, 401k's, IRA's and retirement funds.
    And my quick statement about 922r becoming irrelevant, could very well prove true.
    But there really is no outlet or place for this type of discussion on gunco, well none that I can find anyways.
    And I don't think it's really the place to discuss it.

And I'm very sorry to all that I even mentioned it.

YOU COME HERE WITH VITUALYNO POSTS ASKING QUESTIONS ON POSSABLY DOING ILEAGLE WORK TO YOUR GUN WITH VERY UNCLEAR QUESTIONS AS TO WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO ACOMPLISH! IN 5 POSTS YOU HAVE PISSSED OF SEVERAL OF THE MOST KNOWLEDGABLE AK BUILDERS ON THE NET. TO BE HONEST IF YOU ARE SO UP ON COMPLIANCE THEN YOU WOULD NOT BE ASKING ABOT TRIGGER WORK.

This is completely overboard--cool off--get a life!
    I was not asking to do something illegal, or prodding for advice to do the same.
    I only come onto gunco for the same reasons as all of you.
    I have been a registered member for over a year (I believe), but until recently I have not been able to log-on, or even participate in any forums.
    Although I wanted to, I could not even read the threads.
    Now with a simple question regarding a trigger job--I get a load of yammering!
    I'm not here to flame or troll--but with a simple question I get flamed and trolled.
    WTF?!

IF YOU HAVE MADE SOME PARTS FOR YOUR GUN POST SOME PICTURES IM SURE EVERY ONE WOULD BE INTERESTED. IT WOULD ALSO HELP GUY FEEL MORE CONFIDENT THERE NOT ADING AND ABEDING YOU. PLEASE UNDER STAND NO ONE KNOWS YOU HERE.

Jeeze, and no one knows you!

But peace brother--I would love to post some photos of everything once I am done.

And I think someone answered my question somewhere above.
    Thanks!

ST

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I'm not here to flame or troll--but with a simple question I get flamed and trolled.
    WTF?!
    trust me its how you came off. and for the record your correct i dont know what you do for a living and for that i apoligize. however saying that obeying the law is not going to be important because you know the future is a little over the top.

And in a about a year if this economic implosion goes the way I think it will... this 922r thing will not be a concern to anyone, anymore.
    Well unless you think there is going to be no more America ( and you may be right) then 922r laws will be even more important. IMOO thay will enforce the law even more now that the current administration is in place.

Jeeze, and no one knows you!
    I suspect im pretty well known here and on other boards, and in person in the gun comunity. with almost 3500 posts here alone. I have never managed to put so many people on guard and learyof myself as you did in 5 posts. you might ask yourself if its not how you asked or how you replied . I dont see the other thousands of members having this issue. you may be a member here for a year but as stated no one knows you in 5 posts. for all i know you might be the smartest guy on the net. but it takes time. also under stand that there are trolls here from time to time so were all on guard and watch each others backs. I never said or felt you were a troll. in fact i asked you to show some pictures so we can help you with your question and see your work.

And FYI no one has ever been cited for 922r--or even harrased to my knowledge.
    your the one that threw this out there indicating that you dont care about it. it also gives members here a sence that you may not really be compliant. or that you dont care about it. yes you said you were compliant but at the same time you were asking about three countable pieces used by most not all to stay compliant.
    it was your statment about no one checking for n922 parts and enforcing it that put you on the radar. to many guys are preaching that these days. it is not true.

Just for the record how did you become compliant? I assume you still have a imported trunion, barrel, reciver,bolt. this leaves you with a pistol grip, stock, gas piston , forearm and three mag pieces and three trigger pieces to play with and possably a muzzel attachment. you stated that you still have the original trigger so those are out. you made your own parts . what did you make stock, piston, pistol grip, mags??? if you made all or some of this trust me members would love to see your work. do us all a favor and post some pics.

And I think someone answered my question somewhere above.
    Thanks!
    Now with a simple question regarding a trigger job--I get a load of yammering!

I felt i gave you really sound advice. I do alot with trigggers on AK,s and if you have questions I am still willing to help. lets starts over. have you or are you conveting to pistol grip??? that is the info needed to properly answer your question. you asked if you candrop a standard AK trigger group into a saiga correct. you di noit however say it was converted or what mods you had done. you went into more detail as to how it was 922 compliant this brought up sever questions in my mind 1. is it a converted to pistol grip. I assumed it was but you never stated it. 2. since you were asking these questions it made me wonder if you really knew the compliance laws. most guys who know how to do a conversion also kniw tht a standard ak trigger and guard can be made to work since you dont is makes me and likely others wonder about you and your buid. dont take this as a slam just use it to under stand were myself and likely others are coming from.

NOW AS FAR AS YOUR ORIGINAL QUESTION. I AM NOT SURE IF YOU HAVE CONVERTED TO A PISTOL GRIP OR NOT. IF YOU HAVE NOT THEN ADDING A REGULAR TAPCO WONT WORK. IF YOU ARE GOING TO CONVERT TO A PISTOL GRIP THEN YES A TAPCO WILL WORK. HOW EVER REPLACING A STOCK TRIGGER IN A NORMAL AK WITH A STOCK TAPCO REALLY DOSENT GIVE YOU A IMPROVMENT. I ASSUME THAT YOU ARE DOING A CONVERSION TO PISTOL GRIP SINCE YOU HAVE ASKED ABOUT USING A AK TRIGGER GUARD. IF YOU DO TRUELY HAVE A SAGIA WITH ENOUGH COMPLIANT PARTS TO NOT NEED USA MADE TRIGGER PARTS THAN BUYING A TAPCO WILL NOT DO ANY THING FOR YOU IN REGARDS WITH TRIGGER QUALITY.

YOU USED THE TERM TRIGGER JOB THAT NORMALY EQUATES TO IMPROVING TRIGGER FEEL,AN QUALITY. THIS IS ACOMPLISHED WITH FILEING AND POLISHING AND ADJUSTING PRE AND OVER TRAVEL. IT TAKES CONSIDERABLE SKILL AND PRACTICE. DONE WRONG CAN BE VERY DANGERIOUS. MY BEST ADVICE IS TO BUY A RED STAR ADJUSTABLE FOR AROUND $75 IT IS MONEY WELL SPENT AND IS LIKELY THE BEST SINGLE IMPROVEMENT YOU CAN MAKE TO A AK AS FAR AS IMPROVING SHOOTABILITY.

DO A SEARCH ON TRIGGER WORK I HAVE POSTED A LOT ON IT.

But there really is no outlet or place for this type of discussion on gunco, well none that I can find anyways.
    And I don't think it's really the place to discuss it.

you would likely be more than welcome to express you views and opinions of the current finacial situaation in the general discusion fourm on this site. the area is full of talk on the subject.

I DOUBT YOUR A ECONOMIST OR A FIRE ARM LAW EXPERT AND CERTAINLY NOT A AK EXPERT OR YOU WPOULD NOT BE ASKING YOUR ORIGINAL QUESTION. SO SO TAKING YOUR ADVICE WILL LIKELY BE A BAD IDEA!!.
    I again apoligise I dont know what your back ground in finace is. how ever you really need to be carefull in advising those on whats being enforced and not. IMOO its best to assume they are going to enforce it. as i statd I have been checked for compliance parts i was legal so no I wasnt in trouble but belive me they would have consficated my gun had it not been ok.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Linky still no worky!!

I would like to read about this topic.
    If you can get the link or just tell us the path you took to get it.

Feedback Score

Default compliancy

Wow I just read discussion between 1biggun and Shinmen Takezo realize I have lot to learn and I still say great forum

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Is there any thing that you have specific questions about with you build or conversion?? this is a lot friendler place than that thread appears.

welcome. be legal be safe

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

I have to say, I have always felt welcome here!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by patjsimpson View Post
    I have to say, I have always felt welcome here!
    Yah, but everyone knows you're EZ.

just kidding!
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.