Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Help needed for trigger job.

Feedback Score

Default Feeling welcome at Gunco

Hey Guys I mean it when I say I like the forum that is the whole Gunco forum and I'm like rookie extraordinaire when it comes to firearms . I did a little research on my own and talked with an old friend of mine who in my opinion knows some shit about shit before buying my Saiga 308. Anyway, I like to build stuff and I feel that I might be mechanically inclined to work on and build a rifle that is compliant with improved trigger like Red Star , pistol grip, AK type stock, nice scope out of the hunter that have and I'm not in a hurry just want to do it right. Late

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Hey Guys I mean it when I say I like the forum that is the whole Gunco forum and I'm like rookie extraordinaire when it comes to firearms . I did a little research on my own and talked with an old friend of mine who in my opinion knows some shit about shit before buying my Saiga 308. Anyway, I like to build stuff and I feel that I might be mechanically inclined to work on and build a rifle that is compliant with improved trigger like Red Star , pistol grip, AK type stock, nice scope out of the hunter that have and I'm not in a hurry just want to do it right. Late
    a good trigger like the redstar would be a huge improvemnt to any Saiga. a good scope and some good ammo and you will be surprised how well it shoots. try a bunch of differant ammo or better yet hand load

Feedback Score

Question Would this pass 922r?

Just wondering, could old GI parts(triggers,sears, etc), US made, be used in a build? Say maybe a M1 Carbine hammer or bolt in build?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Just wondering, could old GI parts(triggers,sears, etc), US made, be used in a build? Say maybe a M1 Carbine hammer or bolt in build?

NO THEY WONT FIT AS IS AND THERE IS NO NEED TO TRY TO MAKE THEM FIT, THERE NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post

NO THEY WONT FIT AS IS AND THERE IS NO NEED TO TRY TO MAKE THEM FIT, THERE NOT EVEN CLOSE.
    Maybe I ask this on the wrong forum. Maybe I should have been more clear.
    If one was designing a a Thompson look alike, in 7.62 X 25, If you wanted to use a M1 bolt, attached to a chunk of steel, the locking lugs would be ground off and face milled to fit the Tok, so as to use an Carbine FCG, so as to be simi auto, would that be legal?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

You just ask it the wrong way, your question makes more sense now.

If your building a semi auto that has "assault rifle" styling (pistol grip, mag over ten rounds, threaded barrel, so on & so on) you should go by the 922r compliance.
    From what your saying I don't think you need to worry about 922r though, just remember no more then 10 foreign parts.

From what your explaining, it could work but that will depend on your skill level with tools and fabricating.
    Maybe start a new thread in the build area with more details about what your planning.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Shinmen Takezo, I don't think anyone was trying to give you a hard time. We get a bunch of u-boob, and maul ninja types here from time to time and some of there "builds" are marginally legal, or safe, if at all. The guys that are trying to help you out just have your best intrests at heart and are really trying to help out. I myself am a "DUMMY" about AK stuff and need all the help I can get, so I really aprechate any advice I get here. There's some of the best folks you'd ever want to know here with major amounts of knowlage on AK's. Yup there blunt here, but I'd rather have that than a bunch of sneeky bastards that would get you in trouble with iffy advice. Just Chill and get to the know folks here and I'm sure you'll agree. No need to be confrontational here, we're all here to help out with ever expertise we have to offer up.

Feedback Score

Thanks for the help. I have been on board for a long time, but after a computer crash couldn't remember my password and had to sign back up. A lot of good info here, and I share your views on safety and the legal stuff.
    As for my 'build' looks like the only foreign part will be the mags. Would love to use this PPSH 41 barrel but alas it is to short. If I ever get time I will try and work up some plans and post. Right now its all in my head, which is so friggin full I, well I guess some of you can understand.
    Last edited by signman; 01-01-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

If your going to use a foreign mag and even barrel, you'll be fine.
    As for the barrel, if you don't mind a tube slid over and tack welded to it, it will work fine that way. But since that barrel has a taper a shim ring would be needed near the front to support the tube.

I don't think twa was directing his reply toward you, looks like it was to someone from the previous page?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

yikes iHAD TO GO BACK AND READ THE POST AGAIN AS ITS FROM 2009! i HAD TO SEE WHO I SLAMED

[QUOTEAnd in a about a year if this economic implosion goes the way I think it will... this 922r thing will not be a concern to anyone, anymore. ]And my quick statement about 922r becoming irrelevant, could very well prove true.
    [/QUOTE]

BY THE WAY THE WHOLE GOVEMENT COLAPSING DIDNT HAPPEN AS HE PREDICTED IN A YEAR AN 9222 LAWS ARE STILL THERE LOL.

SIGNMAN YOU NEED TO FIND THE BUILD IT YOUR SELF ALL OTHER THINGS AREA ABOUT YOUR THOMPSON BUILD AS WELL as the build it your self ak blow back stuff ( soory forn the caps.) LOOK UNDER FORUMS AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE.

I dont think you need to wasTe a m1 carbine bolt oR any thing lke that for your build there are simpler ways and if you have those parts sell them and buy what will work better. there is a lot of help in the build it your self part of this site.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.