Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Bent Saiga?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
    There is no law requiring you to report firearm destruction or disposition to anyone.

Pardon me, if I've missed a California or New Jersey law.
    No one's talking about observing any law in reporting a destroyed receiver, just CYA to avoid any future money spent on lawyers and court systems regarding the law regarding removal of a serial number.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

There is no requirement to document a private party sale within a state,
    not all states allow private face to face sales. california comes to mine were I still have a few fire arms at my parents house.

Let's remember for a moment that despite being "traceable" there is no "registration" of rifles and shotguns in this country. Rifles and shotguns are NOT registered (in most cases) to people but transferred either through FFL's or via private sale which the government has no business documenting at this time.
    registerd, transfered, logged to what ever name you want to give it. all modern new fire arms that were made by a manufature have to be transfered and while the terms the goverment uses may vary the fact is if you by it and transfer it to your name they know who has it. registerd or transfered there is liitel diffrance other than the name. you are correct fire arms are transferd to individule not registerd. what the differance is technicaly is likely very little. its all traceable paper work putting it in your name. when I sell a fire arm I perfer to have them tansfered into the new owners name and more importantly out of mine. I dont need some gun I sold 20 years ago showing up at a crime scene. guns I by face to face I always check if there stolen CYA .

Feedback Score

Your not required to register firearms in NJ.
    Even if you move from another state, you dont have to tell anybody anything.
    (although they have that stupid fucking FID card and handgun permit bullshit, so if you buy something from that state, then they know you have it)

The only exceptions are if it's illegal or classified as an Assault Weapon.

In California, you have to register all guns, even if you move to cali.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

In California, you have to register all guns, even if you move to cali.
    you have to register guns you buy there I dont think you have to register the stuff you already have. for instance face to face used to be legal there and if you guns back then I dont think they required them to be registerd unless there transferd. I havent lived there in over 15 years and stuff has changed but I still have family there and Im sure 75% of there stuff is un registered bought back before you didnt need to. I hadent heard you have to register guns if you move into the state but it would not suprise me.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.