Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tapco mags; good or bad?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I have 8 of the TAPCO Galil/Golani .223 mags that I got for my Saiga with bullet guide. A minor mod is required, since the Galil receiver is slightly different than other AK variants, but it is quick and easy to do. I have some steel Israeli surplus mags, but they are not as consistent and most need lots of tweeks.

My experience has been 100% positive, no FTF or other problems of any kind.

I have a couple of their 20 round SKS mags that work very well. I haven't yet fired using their 7.62x39 AK mags, but I purchased a few recently to do so, as they were on sale for $8 each.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I have them for mini 14, ak 47, ak74, galil, and sks and they all are exellent. I will say this though, if your not willing to do a little fitting then stick with the com-blok stuff. I had to fit the ak,the others fit right out of the box. Function was great on all. BTW,I've had to fit standard ak mags as well.
    Last edited by mtdew; 04-16-2013 at 02:20 PM.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I have several Galil/Golani .223 Tapco 30 rounders for my Saiga with bullet guide. They have worked great for me, again a slight mod is required (2 minutes with dremmel), since the Galil receiver is slightly different. In fact, they are my "go-to" mags for that rifle. Galil metal mags are more trouble to mod, and a bit of a crap shoot.

I also bought some of the 7.62x39 30 rounders for $8 each, haven't had time to ring them out yet. Visually inspecting them, they appear to be made well and look very much like my synthetic Bulgy's, but need to test as well as I have tested the Tapco Galil/Golanis. They fit and lock up correctly, and cycle rounds without issue.

[Just realized I posted twice by mistake, LOL]
    Last edited by wpflgun; 11-01-2011 at 09:08 AM.

Feedback Score

In my converted saiga 7.62x39 I have several tapco mags all worked flawlessly.but I do take them apart and trim any over molding with a razor before shooting.sometimes there's a little most of the time there isn't any.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I bought 16 of the Tapco 30rd black mags at $6.95 ea delivered to my door back in Dec.
    Took one to the range(ohio river bank) for testing and had no issues other then there to fat to fit my east german teardrop pouch.I bought them as a investment.I have something like 43 surplus steel 30rd AK47 mags for shtf work.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I have a few 5.45x39mm mags 30rds, they seem solid but they have no metal reinforcements so i think east german and bulgy 5.45 mags would be superior in the long run but heck these look like they would make good range mags, plus they are US Made for 922 compliance, but who knows soon we all may be crimminals so 922 compliance is a minor techincality

its anything Pro-Mag you need to avoid
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I converted an SKS to accept AK mags and used Tapco's just to help with compliance. Only 1 mag had a sticky follower, but put a little CLP on the inside and no more problems.

Because of the short take-off inside the receiver I had to trim the feed lips back a bit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Always had good luck with Tapco mags. I was skeptical at first a few years ago but never had a problem. All worked perfectly and now I have several for my AK-74 and AK-47 along with the steel and bakelite mags.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

All I've ever used for Tapco mags were the 20 round SKS ones, but I've had no issues with them. They haven't been used much, but other than one with some casting slag left on the follower, making it stick,,,I've had no problems with them myself.

Longevity wise,, I can't say for sure.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

double tap,, sorry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.