Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of doing a Century series in .308

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Thumbs up Thinking of doing a Century series in .308

Hi Guys,
    I am thinking of doing a century series type Saiga in .308. I know that the Russians never made one in this caliber but it might be a lot of fun to do a conversion similar to the .223 I did a couple of years ago. This time I will do it as a side folder, use a Mark Krebbs large FS/GB combo, and maybe a rail system similar to Krebbs with a flip up rear sight. The large FS/GB combo that I have takes the AR 15 front sight post so like I said this is going to be a type or variant of a Century series.....Anyhow I was thinking that this time instead of using a AK74 break I would modify one of my 7071 aluminum Fake Russian cans for the Yugo M92, yes I know that the Yugo is 26 mm thread and not the standard Bulgarian 24mm so I will have to machine an adaptor....more work but what this will do is give me added weight to the end of the barrel and allow me to use the full length 21.8 inch original Russian barrel with out having to turn it down. Anyway this is my idea, I will do a mock up drawing when I get home from Utah and post up some pictures. Please let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions I would be glad to hear them.
    Thanks,
    will6970
    Last edited by will6970; 09-09-2010 at 11:08 PM.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Do you mean "Century series" as in something like an AK-103?

Izhmash makes a "Century series" in .308 already.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I'm not sure what you mean about "Century series"?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by nalioth View Post

Hey Nalioth,
    Good to hear from you, it has been a while. Yes. what I mean is to do is to convert a .308 Saiga with a 21.3 inch barrel to a Century Series type rife for example like the .223 I converted some time back. I know you mentioned the AK 103, but I am thinking more along the lines of this AK 104, only adding a Fake Russian Can as a barrel counter weight, which also allows me to keep the barrel length at the afore mentioned 21.3 inch length.

By the way cool picture! That looks like a modified VEPR .308. I had not seen this model before.. very cool!
    Thanks,
    will6970
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Smile Century Series AK 101 to 105

Quote Originally Posted by nalioth View Post

Hey Nalioth,
    Good to hear from you, it has been a while. Yes. what I mean is to do is to convert a .308 Saiga with a 21.3 inch barrel to a Century Series type rife for example like the .223 I converted. I know you mentioned the AK 103, but I am thinking more along the lines of this AK 104, only adding a Fake Russian Can as a barrel counter weight, which also allows me to keep the barrel length at the afore mentioned 21.3 inch length.

By the way cool picture! That looks like a modified VEPR .308. I had not seen this model before.. very cool!
    Thanks,
    will6970

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Smile Century Series AK 101 to 108

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean about "Century series"?
    Hi Coils,
    It has been a while how have you been? The "Century Series" refers to the AK variants Known as the AK 101 to the AK 108. The numbers being in the 100's would be the reason for the designation of Century Series. At least this is what I have read and been lead to believe.
    Thanks,
    will6970

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by will6970 View Post
    Hey Nalioth,
    Good to hear from you, it has been a while. Yes. what I mean is to do is to convert a .308 Saiga with a 21.3 inch barrel to a Century Series type rife for example like the .223 I converted. I know you mentioned the AK 103, but I am thinking more along the lines of this AK 104, only adding a Fake Russian Can as a barrel counter weight, which also allows me to keep the barrel length at the afore mentioned 21.3 inch length.

Thanks,
    will6970
    Here is a picture of the older style VEPR in .308 that I was talking about.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I've been ok, thanks for asking. And yourself?

The "Century Series" refers to the AK variants Known as the AK 101 to the AK 108
    OK I get what your saying, never heard that before though.

I don't see why you couldn't, the only thing I can think of causing problems would be the barrel diameter, but then the hand guard retainer would most likely be the only issue there since you thought out the gas block already.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

will6970 - if and when you do this AK104 in .308 can tell me where you find the GB/FSB for it. If its custom, can you make an extra one for me to buy it from you?

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Working on it. I will keep you posted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.