Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: front site for siaga

Feedback Score

Default front site for siaga

I picked up a used siaga 308 missing the front site. Can one be purchased any where? thanks

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Do you mean the whole sight base or just the post?
    I'll have to check mine, but I think it's a standard AKM front sight base.

You could also get ahold of Cadiz Gun Works, they are the official warranty repair shop for all RAA Saigas.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

BigAl just did a Saiga .308 conversion. He should still have an extra Saiga front sight base. Give him a PM.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

I'll look.

Feedback Score

Thanks guys, yea, the whole thing is gone.

Feedback Score

On a couple of my Saiga .308 conversions I used the Ace Front site. Excellent little piece of hardware.
    I removed the stock FSB and threaded and attached a muzzle brake. Added the Ace Clamp On Site. The shorter distance between the rear and front site significantly improves my accuracy using irons for sure. After hundreds of milsurp 7.62X51 both guns are rock solid.
    http://www.tac47industries.com/conte...ont_sight.html

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Sarge View Post
    On a couple of my Saiga .308 conversions I used the Ace Front site. Excellent little piece of hardware.
    I removed the stock FSB and threaded and attached a muzzle brake. Added the Ace Clamp On Site. The shorter distance between the rear and front site significantly improves my accuracy using irons for sure. After hundreds of milsurp 7.62X51 both guns are rock solid.
    http://www.tac47industries.com/conte...ont_sight.html
    i thought having longer distance between front and rear sight was supposed to improve accuracy? I found that using a rear peep has worked the best for me. I use the xs 24/7 front sight post is a winning combination for me. It does not give super pin point accuracy like my tech sights on my 10/22 but it definitely allows me to focus on the front sight better. i would put the tech sights on my saigas but i like the idea of the ak rear sight leaf allow for quick yardage adjustments. If the tech rear had a similar wet up then i would jump on it in a heart beat. bench2 to 3 sec between shots. Iron sights. wolf bulk buy ammo 7.62 x 39

100 yard target:

couple of attempts at 200 yards;
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WAA HOO - What a Ride!"

Feedback Score

I can acquire the site picture much quicker with the shorter distance between front and rear. Now in all fairness my eyesight is that of an old man. What a minute....I am an old man So a younger guy with better eyesight may not realize a benefit.

Feedback Score

Here I just took a few pics in my gun "closet"....and yes I built it off the master...it is climate/humidity controlled and my wife took it over and now have clothes hanging all over everywhere.....just like my beer fridge in the shop is now full of her stuff....oh well.....
    Here is a Saiga .308 I have converted/AK74 muzzle brake and the Ace front sight I am talking about.....

Here is another Saiga .308 I just moved the FSB back and muzzled it...

Couple of other Saigas I have in there....

Many more in the safes out in the shop

Feedback Score

And for the record....that "lil" .308 I moved the FSB back on, has a Primary Arms M3 red dot and a 5X quick disconnect magnifier. Thing is deadly out to 400 yards.....I highly recommend that setup for close and medium distance work. Very dependable and inexpensive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.