Thread: Finally getting a Saga

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Finally getting a Saga

Finally getting a Saga 5.45X39 I've almost gotten one many times.just never pulled the $ out.. My FFL has one at a real good price so I can't pass it up.. I have had a Vepr conversion for a while now.. so I will have two real Russian AK's now.. Wonder why the Veper's are so expensive and the Sagas so cheap?? Looking forward to the conversion process.. B2B
    Last edited by Bolt2bounce; 04-03-2012 at 11:22 PM.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I got a 545 that got converted into a 74 look a like, I like it a lot, wish I would have gotten one sooner.

Can't answer the VEPR question, never took one apart to look at the insides
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Fit and finish from what I have seen. Also, low numbers imported.

Just my $0.02
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

The vepers look the same to me..but they have the RPK bulged trunion.. and the butt stock is cut at a angle..under the receiver.. I had Krebs convert My Veper II to the KTROV3 it was before I was into building..on the AK design ...B2B

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Picked up my saga 545 today.. I took it apart..this evening to check it out and I like the Russian finish.. nice black and seems tough as nails.. The stock config really ain't bad.. and it feeds just fine by hand with no bullet guide installed, I may have to run some ammo through it..and see. if I need a guide.. I may just skip installing a guide.. the only really Bull shit thing about it is? no spot for the cleaning tools.. in the stock..or rod on the barrel.. and the sling swivels are just big enough for a piece of dental floss...to pass through.. I like the feel of the front hand guard and the trigger ain't too bad even with that extra linkage.. Not bad all in all.. I'll probably end up converting it.. but I'm in no hurry.. B2B

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

You want to fire a few hundred rounds through it before you convert it (if you do), you want to make sure it functions first.
    With the stock mags you won't need a guide, you'll most likely need one if you use surplus mags.

As for the stock setup, I think it's fine, just makes the rifle a little longer.
    The only one I think that needs to be converted is the 12 gauge (and maybe the 20), the extra length makes it very nose heavy.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

tested it out this weekend it functioned flawless with one of my surplus 30's but it would not function with the other mags at all jammed every 2 -3 rounds.. SO I WILL need to add a bullet guide to it.. B2B

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.