Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Saiga 308 value??

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default Saiga 308 value??

Anyone got ideas on what I should ask for a pristine 308, 16" saiga with 3 8round factory mags?? I've seen them all over the place price wise,, but totally unavailable most every where.

I have no clue what there going for now,,but I want to get max $ for it if possible from the dumb ass's out there on the gun broker type sites. Hate to be a gouger but if people are selling them for a grand,, like some I've seen,, I'll do it.

I can use the bucks. And If people are that stupid,, I'll just have to do it!!!

Hell around here there selling the 410 shotguns for 1150 and there flying out the door,,,, WTF????

Also have a Egyptian 1997 manufactured Maadi AK platform I can't figure out what it's worth either.

Any ideas guys??? I don't have a clue ???? I haven't been to any shows so I can't tell what there going for now, How about steel 30 rnd mags and Romanian drums, one Chinese design and one closed one ,, both new??

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Here's one to watch, new with factory mag and two 20 round after market mags. Four bids at $800 and 3 days to go.
    Saiga 308-1 rifle .308 win 16 inch barrel NiB : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com

Here's another new one with one bid at $875, no extra mags, 1 day to go
    IZHMASH Russian Saiga 308 - NIB : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com

And here's two more with 22 inch barrel, just under $1k
    IZHMASH Russian Saiga 308 - NIB : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com
    Mint SAIGA 308 NIB Early bolt hold open, Unfired. : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com

There were a couple that were converted to pistol grips that were in the $1k-1500 range.
    I just did a search on there for Saiga 308 and only looked at the ones with bids.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

YEA ITS ALL OVER THE PLACE. A SHOP TODAY HAD A 7.62X39 SAGIA WITH ORIGINAL FORE GRIP LISTED AT $1300 ON CONSIGNEMNT AN A S12 FOR $1500 ON CONSIGNEMENT. THE OWNER WO I KNOW WELL SAID THAT THERE WAS ONE OTHER IDENTICAL SAGIA 7.62 X39 AN IT SOLD FOR $1300.

CONVERTED 308,S AN 12 GUAGES ARE GOING FOR GOOD MONEY. I SORT OF WISH ID BOUGHT A 12 .

ID SELL THE EXTRA 308 MAGS SEPERATLY THERE GOING FOR ABOUT $50 AN UP RIGHT NOW ID LIKE A FEW SPARES MY SELF AN ONE HICAP 410 MAG

I HAVE BEEN EVALUATING MY STUFF THAT IS TRANSFERABLE AN THINKING IF I SHOULD JUMP ONTHE BAND WAGON . I BET MY VARMINT RIFLE ON A NDS RECIVER WOULD FETCH $2000 . I WAS OFFERED $1200 A FEW YEARS AGO BUT WOULD NOT SELL AS ITS A HOME BUILD. I HAVE A S410 AN IM REALLY HAVING A HARD TIME SAYING I WOULD NOT SELL IT FOR THE RIGHT PRICE. I BOUGHT IT TO CONVERT INTO A 444 OR SOMETHING. IM GOING TO KEEP MY SAGIA 308 BECAUSE iD LIKE TO MAKE IT INTO A 260 REMINGTON TARGET RIFLE SOME DAY . IF THE LAES CHANGE AN WE CANT TAKE THEM OUT OF STATE ITS WORTH LESS TO ME.

MAYBE IF THEY PASS A LAW BANNING EVERYTHING AN WE HAVE TO GIVE THEM UP ILL JUST DRIVE TO THE WORST PART OF TOWN AN HAND THEM OUT FOR CRACK AN HERION DEALERS.

THINGS ARE NUTS I DROVE 150 MILES TODAY TO BUY 1000 SMALL RIFLE PRIMERS THAT ARE NOT MY BRAND AN POUND OF POWDER THAT NOT WHAT I REALLY WANT . ;( SAME SHOP HAD A NICE BROWNIG LIGHT A5 FOR $550 AN A CRAP SAGIA WAS GETTING $1500 WHATS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE ???? THE BROWNING WASA $1000 GUN A FEW YEARS AGO AN YOU COULD GET SAGIA 12 FOR AROUND $450 THINGS ARE MESSED UP. LOT OF GOOD DEALS ON BOLT GUNS RIGHT NOW ALSO.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

How about steel 30 rnd mags and Romanian drums, one Chinese design and one closed one ,, both new??
    I was in a hurry earlier. But for the mags, that's another thing to look at the auction sites for and see what kind of bids they are getting.
    Some vendors have the 30 rounders listed for $50-70 each, but the last time I looked it seemed like $30-35 was more realistic.
    I'd do a search on GB for AK Drum and watch some of the auctions, I just looked and a lot of them are in the $150 range, but most of these look like the Korean ones.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

What I find interesting is centerfire systems has 308 veprs for under 1000 dollars. I buy 1 of them a lot sooner than I would buy a new 308.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Well put the Saiga on gun broker through a bud of mine and in <7 hours it went from an opening bid of 100 to 750 with 10 bids. It has 6 days left so we'll see what happens,, hate to be a gouger,, but it's bids,, so I guess people will bid what they want to pay,, not my call. I can't feel that bad I guess.

Hell I only put maybe 50 rounds through it in the 8-10 years I owned it, so with things as they are,, it was a good time to move it. Part of the sale of that,, will be used to add Springfield sporterized in 06 to add to my collection,,,, Springfield's are way nicer than Saiga AK platforms IMO and something I'd rather have anyways.

Can't imagine what the Egyptian built AK will fetch when I put it up. I haven't seen many of those around. Mostly the CIA rebuilds are what I see now days in that model. Hoping for the best on that one,, I'll hold out for some bucks on that one,,,I'm thinking another nice Mauser with proceeds from that one,,, or a Hillbilly Custom Arms gun one of the two.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    What I find interesting is centerfire systems has 308 veprs for under 1000 dollars. I buy 1 of them a lot sooner than I would buy a new 308.
    Yeah, I saw those too. That's going to limit what anybody with a clue will pay for an S-308.
    http://www.boomsticksforever.com/
    Specializing in hand-built modular stocks.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

The Sagia went down the road for 900 with 3 , 8rnd mags. That works for me, the Springfield is mine now with a 84F Baretta and a Pettia Colt S.A.copy in 357mag , and a few accessories for my VZ58 and 4, series 59 mags for my S&W, and 2 more SKS 20 rounders, on there way. And still some bucks left in the bank. I was all good with that deal, that's for sure!!

The Egyptian with a few extra goodies, is on Gun Broker right now and we'll see what that brings. After it sells ,, a bunch of mags and drums will be on next. I won't sell those till the gun goes though. I don't want to put the cart before the horse ya know, and end up with the gun and no mags!

I don't know netpackrat,,, seems many that don't have a clue what stuff is worth and are just in panic mode at this point. But then again this may be the,,, "new norm",,, for prices. And most places I see the Veper's,, there not even in stock. So I think the rush will still be on for a bit and may even get worse for those that didn't get into the game till late or procrastinated to long. We'll see what happens.

This is the nice 03 I got for 300, from the proceeds of the Sagia sale. I think I'm already ahead of the game, don't you? At least IMO I am,,, Mauser's and Springfield's are more my bag, than AK platforms!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

Yeah the S-308s are still going for 800+ stock on GB. I got one from K-VAR last week for 650

Yeah I know you got yours for 350 shut up

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Nice 03 ,someone put a lot of work into it ,by the way I read awhile back that if a C&R has been converted to a hunting rifle like that one you have it is no longer a C&R.
    Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    The Sagia went down the road for 900 with 3 , 8rnd mags. That works for me, the Springfield is mine now with a 84F Baretta and a Pettia Colt S.A.copy in 357mag , and a few accessories for my VZ58 and 4, series 59 mags for my S&W, and 2 more SKS 20 rounders, on there way. And still some bucks left in the bank. I was all good with that deal, that's for sure!!

The Egyptian with a few extra goodies, is on Gun Broker right now and we'll see what that brings. After it sells ,, a bunch of mags and drums will be on next. I won't sell those till the gun goes though. I don't want to put the cart before the horse ya know, and end up with the gun and no mags!

I don't know netpackrat,,, seems many that don't have a clue what stuff is worth and are just in panic mode at this point. But then again this may be the,,, "new norm",,, for prices. And most places I see the Veper's,, there not even in stock. So I think the rush will still be on for a bit and may even get worse for those that didn't get into the game till late or procrastinated to long. We'll see what happens.

This is the nice 03 I got for 300, from the proceeds of the Sagia sale. I think I'm already ahead of the game, don't you? At least IMO I am,,, Mauser's and Springfield's are more my bag, than AK platforms!!
    Tree huggin' dirt worshipper!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.