Gunco Forums banner

Saiga 12 U.S. receivers ?

6K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  gozuki 
#1 ·
#9 ·
Agree that their "tuning" process for the drums is... odd to say the least. I for one don't like the design that I saw since the ammunition is completely exposed to the environment. I suppose for that uber-cool "tactical entry" situation, it would be OK. I didn't realize they would not warrant their work with other items. That does sound over the top... modifying the gun to work only with a magazine.

I for one would welcome yet another US-built receiver, however if one is going to go the extra mile to build the other US parts for a shotty, then a receiver would be trivial.

NOW...

Looking at the receiver pics, I see a few concerns here.

- THAT LOGO IS HUGE! They are guaranteeing that you will be stuck with the AR-style folding mechanism, or have to re-stamp the receiver elsewhere, ala OOW receivers, and have a cut-up logo that you would need to bondo over to look 'good'. Yuck.

- Their "concept" picture implies an AR-style operating rod. I'm guessing they are going to attempt to make a competitor for the AA-12. "ATTEMPT".

- What's the deal with the laser-etched lettering? Do we need a SN and SAFE/FIRE lettering pattern that is about 1/2" tall?!?

- Why keep the original Saiga-style trigger location? Other than Kali-compliance?

- It appears to be either their prototyping results OR they are planning to get into the shotgun building as a full-time endeavor. That could be interesting.

If however their receiver is tuned only to THEIR magazines, then that would be an unfortunate decision since their target market would shrink significantly. It is obvious that the 10-rounders on the market are here to stay, so they need to play WITH the other kids on the playground, not against them.

It is interesting that the wording of their advert implies they are working on all the parts now, and you simply need to "mail it back" to them to build. It seems like they are trying to generate revenue with the receivers as the "down payment" for their longer-term fabrication projects.

Origin

#11 ·
LH selector markings rear charge handel forward assist, interesting. not sure i would buy a reciver for a gun that dont exist HMMM

I just wish some one would make some heavy duty three lug bolts and trunins that work on a standard AK 47 carrier. for 308,243, 7mm-08 260 rem ect builds.

#13 ·
I didn't know they were actually on the board, can gunco ban someone who doesn't have an account? heh

Generally the companies which make crap are called out and people who do their research avoid them like the plague.

The fact about that shotgun is the company has had their schematic on the site for over 6 months and no information what-so-ever on a production gun. The whole thing is probably bullshit.

#19 ·
its kinda funny, but in the Wingie's drawings and artwork, it shows the "origin" receivers in the STOCK SPORTING pistol grip configuration, and they do NOT offer this service. Note pistol grip nut location, or lack of it. This is a copy of a factory Itzmash receiver. Give me a break.

I got your "reliability service" right here, and its FREE from us, and under offical contract from RAAC....

-Ben V.

#20 ·
The availability of a US made flat would be the Shiznit, but only if it was made to accept the US K-Var Polymer sidefolder stock and hardware. ANd since there is no evidence that K-Var will ever have them made again kind of negates the whole idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.