Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: saiga 12 mag well box

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

I got mine from the saiga12 forum and it works great. I admit, the lever arm is a little on the delicate side, but after 500 rounds it is still going strong. Although you can load from a closed bolt, it is a lot easier to pop the mag in and charge it with the lrbho. Oh, and did I mention that it was way cooler with it than without it?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    I know this info should be on Saiga12.com, but do you know what is done?
    I don't feel like looking for the info right now
    PM sent.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by docwade View Post

the magwell is awesome. The magazine modifications are not difficult. I also recommend installing the last round automatic bolt hold open if you go this route. There is a polymer magwell on gb from time to time for approx $129.
    I'm thinking about buying the magwell from guncity.com from new zeland (looks just like the one pictured above). Where did you get your info about modding the mags, or did you just figure for yourself?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by deathfirst View Post
    Where did you get your info about modding the mags, or did you just figure for yourself?
    I think you just cut off the front locking lug, and sand the outside of the mag body if it doesn't fit into the well.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Yes, shave the front lip, test fit, and repeat. Try to keep as much of the little raised plastic bands on agp mags as you can as they will decrease mag wobble.

Feedback Score

docwade... Could you post a close-up pic of your LRBHO?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by us_dragunov View Post
    docwade... Could you post a close-up pic of your LRBHO?

+1 Thanks!
    Freedom is not free. Some will perish to preserve it for the many. Just as our Forefathers did before us, we must take up the battle and not waver. Victory is our only option.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

I'll dig around. I think I might have a spare LRBHO setup.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

You can use the slot for your manual bho. You have to dremel an opening in the center support. Then modify the magazine on the right and superglue a supplied stainless trip shim on the follower. I don't think they are being made anymore though. But I do have one spare available.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Those were sold about a year or two ago by someone on the Saiga-12 forum. The reason why it is no longer sold is that it did not work so well. I think the person's name on Saiga-12 was Jeric. Anyways the LRBHO is a sore and tired subject on that forum. There has been much anticipation of a new one that would work more reliably.

For those desperate enough to have one, I believe there is a Russian option using the Russian magwell and Russian mags. Of course this can be pricey and difficult because its coming from so far away.

Another is to wait for MSA to come out with their magwell solution to the S12 which is also expected to be released later this year. There is another vendor on Saiga-12, Cobra's Customs, who is working on a LRBHO solution with plans also to release later this year.

If you asked me, I would just wait it out until the parts are available at Carolina Shooters Supply. Greg only offers parts that have been tried and tested to really work for its intended application. He also won't post products for sale until he's guaranteed its availability to the market so he doesn't jerk you around on some indefinite wait like some other vendors out there. If it is on Greg's site, its available, it works and its offerred at the best price with very reasonable and fast shipping.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.