Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question about amunition

Feedback Score

Default Question about amunition

I just got done shooting my saiga 12 for the first time. I was using Winchester AA SS sporting clays. It would not reload on setting 1. It was doing ok on setting 2 but would jam up every now and then. Is it normal to have to use setting 2 for these type of shells? I don't want to ruin my gun. What amo is everyone using?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Setting 1 is for full loads or magnum shells, setting 2 is for lighter loads.
    I've used the Federal #7 in mine and it cycled fine.

I'd try different ammo and see what happens, it could just be the Winchester stuff?

Feedback Score

Setting 2 is normal for that load. it probable needs a good brake in try some heavy loads.

Feedback Score

Winchester AA should always be fired on gas setting "2". "1" is for slugs and 3" shells, not trap loads or birdshot. If your gun is jamming up now and then on these loads, we do suggest running some down the gun, before considering having any service done to the weapon. The gun should break in nice after some rounds go through it.

-Ben V.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

About 200 rounds.
    Freedom is not free. Some will perish to preserve it for the many. Just as our Forefathers did before us, we must take up the battle and not waver. Victory is our only option.

Feedback Score

I'm going to feed it another 100 rounds then resort to more drastic measures. Kind of undecided on returning for warranty or voiding it by doing the work myself. It appears I have 2 gas ports that are partially blocked by the gas block.

Feedback Score

send it in very very easy and fast turn around.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Def try diff ammo. I ran everything thru mine for the first few hundred rounds without even as much as swithing the gas plug around and NEVER had a prob.
    Then, a few months bak, I used lighter loads(after a comp cleaning) and the same thing happened.
    No worries, Saiga 12's are like garbage disposals, just get them broken in the right way and tame them with some NICE ammo. Try some high brass?
    I actually thought that my 10 round mag was what was causing the jams(it might have been since I havent fired it that much).????

Run a series of Mag rds thru on the #1 setting, then season the gun on #2 setting with 2 3/4 ammo
    I feel that everything will work out

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

I have found that the Gunfixer gas plug from MD Arms helps a bunch when using the lighter loads. It has four settings instead of two unlike that factory plug.
    Freedom is not free. Some will perish to preserve it for the many. Just as our Forefathers did before us, we must take up the battle and not waver. Victory is our only option.

Currently live near Allentown, PA but moving back to Near San Antonio, Texas.
    Feedback Score

I don'r know if we had the same issue... Bu I wondered the same thing aboyt settings and shell loads at first. Then I realized that the new 5 round clip that came with my gun was dragging on the sides. The 12 Round clip I had paid extra for worked fine with the same ammo. So I polished up the 5 rounder sides and everything works hunky-dory now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.