Gunco Forums banner

Anyone make a warrenty claim for a saiga 12

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  vintagemacdude 
#1 ·
Hello Anyone here have made a claim for a defect in a saiga 12 shotgun with Russian american armory? I would think they would honor a warrenty repair for a problem. Thanks IRONMULE

#3 ·
My Saiga 12 cycles good with all ammunition I used. I see my 19 inch barrel has 3 gas port holes for recocking, it works well. The older Saiga 12 had two ports that those don't work with light or trap loads.My three gas port barrel shoots the light trap loads from Walmart just fine. I have a defect.I have a cross pin exposed inside the bore next to the 3 gas port holes. I see that the gas block has been drilled and pinned into the inside of bore, the pin has a hump which my shells are clearly hitting, just like a speed bump on the road. I can't believe this. I emailed Russian American Armory Company about this defect on Monday which was holiday, by Tuesday morning I got email reply quickly and instuctions to ship gun for warrenty work to Cadiz Gun Works. I was told about 20 to 30 days turn around time.I'm happy with the service so far. IRONMULE:thumbup1:

#6 ·
The factory must have had the machines off specs for drilling the gas blocks. Everybody with the Saiga 12 should look inside the bores and be sure you don't have a pin exposed inside the bore. Warrenty will cover that.I think many people have cycling problems cuz they may have two gas port holes in barrel instead of three gas port holes.My friend had two ports in 19 inch barrel instead of three port and he can't cycle the lite loads.I hear that three gas port holes is correct for 19 inch barrels and two gas port is for 24 inch barrels.Warrenty will cover the error in gas ports. It doesn't hurt to look in barrel and see what you have then have it corrected.IRONMULE

#7 ·
You got one of those "Vodka" specials. I was told that a small production run got mistaken with the rifle set-up which is why it got 2 ports instead of 3. Cadiz Gun Works is the official warranty repair shop for all RAA Saigas. Yours is not of the few. There have been many.

For others wondering, the older guns use to have 4 small ports. This later got updated into 3 larger ports. However the problem ones were the guns that got 2 ports. So if you find you only have three, don't panic, its okay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.