Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ProMag has Gen2 saiga mags

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I hope these fit with no problems. The Gen 1 didn't fit at all.
    How bad were they?
    I only got one of the first gen ones and had to take a little off with a couple passes of a file.

Look at this thread, mainly the last two pics in the first post, this is the area I had to touch up too.
    http://www.gunco.net/forums/f283/sai...arrived-44057/

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

How is the new Gen 2 compared to AGP mags
    As mentioned I only have a gen 1 ProMag and a gen 2 AGP, thay are both nicely made but I like the look of the ProMag better with that waffle pattern on it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by veterosa View Post
    How is the new Gen 2 compared to AGP mags
    The new Gen 2 Promags are good. I tested it out last week using Walmart bulkpack Federal 7-1/2 shot and it fired all rounds flawlessly. No FTE and no FTF. Before, my Gen 1 Promags jammed and were absolutely useless.

I have AGPs also. They worked good from day 1.

However, I really like the new Gen 2 Promags because of its waffle design and its one piece mag body, no screws like the AGP.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

My test on the two replacements I received went T.U. The mag body is the same, and still requires fitting. Neither functioned and failed to feed on the second round in both mags. Popped my AGP in and finished the day with 200 rounds fired without a hickup. They still have some work to do to catch up with AGP. The big thing I see is the type of plastic they are using. It does not self lubricate like glass filled nylon. I will try some graphite or dry film moly to see if they improve. If they do, It will validify my assumption about the plastic. Not something I would trust my life with.
    Freedom is not free. Some will perish to preserve it for the many. Just as our Forefathers did before us, we must take up the battle and not waver. Victory is our only option.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hcpookie View Post
    Wowsa - how can you tell Gen 1 vs 2? Are "ALL" Gen-1 mags defective?
    As far as I'm concerned every product PM has ever made is defective. It's all crap.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62x39 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned every product PM has ever made is defective. It's all crap.
    Tell us how you really feel Max
    Freedom is not free. Some will perish to preserve it for the many. Just as our Forefathers did before us, we must take up the battle and not waver. Victory is our only option.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

The SOBs got me twice, never again.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rbthntr64 View Post
    My test on the two replacements I received went T.U. The mag body is the same, and still requires fitting. Neither functioned and failed to feed on the second round in both mags. Popped my AGP in and finished the day with 200 rounds fired without a hickup. They still have some work to do to catch up with AGP. The big thing I see is the type of plastic they are using. It does not self lubricate like glass filled nylon. I will try some graphite or dry film moly to see if they improve. If they do, It will validify my assumption about the plastic. Not something I would trust my life with.
    Are you sure they were Gen 2s? I had to mod the rear tab just a bit because it is still a little too fat. Once I did that, they worked great, no jamms or misfeeds like the Gen 1. Even my AGPs need to be modded slightly for a smoother insertion so not all mags are perfect.

I do want to also add that I recently had worked done on my bolt and carrier such that I can load a full mag with the bolt closed. So part of the credit goes to that work.

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62x39 View Post
    Funny, I felt the same way when I had the Gen 1 mags. Now that I have the Gen 2, I am now converted on that belief. I did expected to be disappointed but I wasn't.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    As mentioned I only have a gen 1 ProMag and a gen 2 AGP, thay are both nicely made but I like the look of the ProMag better with that waffle pattern on it.
    promags are beautiful looking mags...
    if i was to hang my gun on the wall to just look at i would keep a promag in there.
    however i like to use my gun, all promags i have used have been absolute garbage. they do not feed, and the follower sticks out too far causing the bolt to slam into it.

Feedback Score

there is supposed to be a method of boiling and corking them to get them to work. too much trouble for an inferior product.
    get some agps or surefires.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.