Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I am committing my Saiga to slugs only

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default I am committing my Saiga to slugs only

Thats right. I'm just gonna shoot slugs in it from now on.

With all the FTE and FTF issues associated with using buck or bird shot, I'm just gonna use it for slugs from now on. Its never had any problems from day one when using slugs. Besides at the range, its no fun shooting a bunch of bird shot when you're blasting the entire target top to bottom, left to right with shot pellets. What aim? What accuracy? What skill? I might as well just fire it for the sake of making noise on the 4th of July or on New Years Eve.

However, when loaded with slugs, now that is a weapon that can do some damage. And with all the rails and the optics I load up on my S12, it seems worthless for it to be used on simple bird shot or even buck shot.

Now as for the purpose of bird or buck shot, I have a gun that is perfect for that, its my Mossberg 500 for home defense. No FTE or FTF issues since it is a pump. Shoot first and ask questions later. There would be no need to aim when shooting at my intended target down the hallway. I definitely will hit something.

Feedback Score

I love shooting slugs out of my S12

And are you changing your gas settings with the bird shot?
    It should be on setting 2
    I also have the gunfixer gas plug with 4 settings, that give me more adjustment...

I have the best luck with federal bulk pack stuff in my S12, some of these also came with not enough gas ports, or some just blocked.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I'd love to see someone develop an automatic gas valve for the S12! I hate having to play with that stupid setting.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I love my Saiga-12, there's nothing it won't do. There are after market parts that will fix all the issues you mentioned, relatively inexpensively.

A gunfixers gun plug will give you a total of four gas settings, and you can adjust it by hand.. much easier than the factory plug. I also picked up a Go-Gun twister puck... I needed a U.S. part anyway. Don't know if it helps, but it does keep it clean. I also put an AK-builder choke adapter on it, so now you can use any Winchester thread choke. I had mine out hunting Grouse and shooting skeet.... zero malfunctions, and I couldn't miss. It's my all around bird, Turkey, deer/slug, zombie gun.
    ...I'm not tense! Just terribly, terribly alert.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemacdude View Post
    Thats right. I'm just gonna shoot slugs in it from now on.

With all the FTE and FTF issues associated with using buck or bird shot, I'm just gonna use it for slugs from now on. Its never had any problems from day one when using slugs. Besides at the range, its no fun shooting a bunch of bird shot when you're blasting the entire target top to bottom, left to right with shot pellets. What aim? What accuracy? What skill? I might as well just fire it for the sake of making noise on the 4th of July or on New Years Eve.

However, when loaded with slugs, now that is a weapon that can do some damage. And with all the rails and the optics I load up on my S12, it seems worthless for it to be used on simple bird shot or even buck shot.

Now as for the purpose of bird or buck shot, I have a gun that is perfect for that, its my Mossberg 500 for home defense. No FTE or FTF issues since it is a pump. Shoot first and ask questions later. There would be no need to aim when shooting at my intended target down the hallway. I definitely will hit something.
    there is something wrong with the gas system if it is not cycling buckshot on setting "1". setting "2" is for low power birdshot. unscrew the gas knob and see how many gas ports are drilled in the barrel. any less than 3 is a problem.
    if they are obstructed or not drilled through completely it is also a problem.
    you may be able to get it fixed under warranty at no charge to you.

Feedback Score

cadiz gun works out of ohio handles the warranty work for RAAC (importers of the s12).

Feedback Score

once you've addressed the gas issue do not be alarmed if you decide to make the s12 your primary home defense gun.
    mine eats 00 buck like its starving!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Open the gas ports to 3/32 each ( 3 port guns ) and polish a few trigger and bolt parts and it will feed whatever you want it to. Mine runs the cheapest crap ammo I can buy at walmart and chucks the shells 10 feet away.

Good News. There is an automatic gas adjuster that just got on the market. I plunked down my $45 today.

http://www.tac47industries.com/conte...auto_plug.html

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

You gonna give an impression once you test the automatic gas adjuster Chip??

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Slugs are the most fun.
    Large buckshot for tree trimming.
    Charter member-Busted Box Club est. 2006

"I will adhere to the Patriot Act, the one signed in 1776"
    - Marc Anderson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.