Gunco Forums banner

Opinions on Saiga 12 ga

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  nalioth 
#1 ·
Looking to buy a shot gun and really like the looks of the Saiga 12 gauge.
Any Opinions? Thanks for any input. :)

#5 ·
What's your question? Does it work? Yes. Is it as reliable as a pump? No. ANY semi shotty is by nature subject to misfeeds due to gas operation vs. human arm operation. You can't go wrong with the Saiga. Their value has risen and is right around the $500 range, which is basically twice their introductory costs.

#7 ·
i dunno about that one.

NEVER had a misfeed or ejection and ive tried every type of crap shell i can find in it. it just runs all the time, every time.

but he's very right on the value part, they just keep going up.

sdk

#8 ·
Threw on a Interfuse stock and put in the Gen 2 promags......GTG! mine loves to rattle off 00 buck and slugs as fast as you can pull the trigger! A quad rail with a fore grip, Flashlight, Red dot and laser(back up sighting device) will make it the perfect CQB Zombie eradication tool. Get one, you'll love it.

#9 ·
Threw on a Interfuse stock and put in the Gen 2 promags......GTG!
Please don't.

Do a real conversion, and enjoy a far superior trigger pull along with the better ergonomics and balance.

Those "Interfuse" stocks are
and definitely not "GTG!". . .

Get one, you'll love it.
I will agree whole-heartedly with this.

#10 ·
And if they ever ban pistol grip Saiga's I'll slide off my ergonomically inferior unbalanced Interfuse stock and slide on the original stock. Best 60 bucks I ever spent on a stock. Once I get the cheap Chinese UTG quad rail on the front I'll mount an obviously inferior fore grip, my 30mw green laser (bought before the Federal BAN on any green laser over 5mw) and a knock off of an Aimpoint. And I will be GTG. Good day sir! hahaha! Oh, and the Gen 2 Promags rock!!

#11 ·
And if they ever ban pistol grip Saiga's I'll slide off my ergonomically inferior unbalanced Interfuse stock and slide on the original stock.
Your argument holds no water.

If they ban pistol grips, your existing converted Saiga will be grandfathered.

There is no reason in the world NOT to convert (unless you live in a namby-pamby state that doesn't allow it).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.