Thread: Stupid Bolt Lock

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Default Stupid Bolt Lock

Took mine out to the rock pit the other day and 100 or so rounds into it the stupid bolt lock locked the bolt to the rear and it wouldnt budge. Took me half an hour to get it down and 10 more minutes to get it the hell out of the gun. Guess I'll be doing it the old fashioned way and cutting a notch in the safety.

Other than that it didnt skip a beat. What a great shotgun!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Sweet Saiga ChipMechanic. I've had mine for 2 weeks, and other than adding a leftover SAW pg like yours, and upping to a 10 round mag, I haven't had a chance to do anything yet. (Been busy getting moved in to a new house.) Haven't even taken it out for a test run.

BHO concerns me. I've got a MAK-90 that I put the notch in the selector lever, and it works fine as far as I'm concerned. Having it lock back automatically after the last round would be nice too, with a LRBHO, but it's not a huge issue to me. I just want it to run reliably!!!!!! Glad to hear that she ran great other than that.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Did the BHO activate while you were shooting it or did you lock it in place after shooting?

If it happened while shooting, shorten the tab that sticks out of the receiver. I pushed mine up to lock the bolt then marked it with a fine tipped marker just below the opening, filed it until it just touched the line then finished it to take off the sharp edges.
    Now it's pretty much out of the way and when using it to lock the bolt back the tap is just barely sticking out of the receiver.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

I pulled the bolt back and pushed up on the BHO and it sprung past the stop into the receiver and locked the bolt in the rearmost position. The spring got stuck underneath it and it wouldnt go down. Real bitch to get at with the bolt in the way and since the carrier was all the way back I couldnt get the recoil spring out or the carrier out.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Yeah that sucks
    If I have problems like that, it's coming out
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I didn't bother to re-install mine... just seemed like more trouble than it was worth! What scope are you using?

Mark

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Feedback Score

Try bending a small inward angle on the BHO's spring to keep it from jumping off the BHO. Shortening the tab is a common practice to keep from accidently activating it. Might do it to mine, though as a lefty, it's not in the way as much as it'd be for a righty.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.