Gunco Forums banner

I have an -030 on order!

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  hcpookie 
#1 ·
Finally put one on order from Welcome to Red Dragun Weapons, LLC which is owned by Brian, aka US_Dragunov here on Gunco.

Factory magazine feed chute and that bolt stop to function like an AR shotgun. Fun times! Here is what it will look like is coming in:

INCREDIBLY, the ATF only has a problem with the picatinny rail on the gas block.

The reason I got this NOW instead of later, is that this is the only shipment with the rail that we will probably see. The ATF is trying to figure how to cut off that rail, but the amount of metal left isn't enough to support the gas block. The future shipments will PROBABLY have the rail either welded over, or somehow machined away to keep EVIL FLASHLIGHTS from being mounted. My point is, that if you want a collectible Saiga, this will be the one! :cool:

So, when it arrives, I'm going to convert it to a folding stock, add 922r parts, and stick it in the safe! :) Since the Saiga-12 needs only 3 parts, I will do good with the trigger internals and (maybe) a flash hider from DPH. At least that will do the trick for 922 ;)

The real kick in the pants is that the USA magazines won't use the last round bolt stop due to the use of new followers in the factory magazines. There may be a modification to get new followers to work in USA magazines, but that remains to be seen.

I hope these will be arriving sometime this spring, but with overseas shipments who can tell. Just so it arrives by Christmas! :D

See less See more
#6 ·
WITHOUT? No idea. The mag well is removable. Pin in the back, screw in front. The pin in back holds the retainer in place and extra long for the magwell, so you would have to get a new, shorter pin for just the retainer. You could take it off and use it like that I suppose, and it would let you use the non-magwell magazines. Problem with this, is that the non-magwell magazines don't do the last round bolt stop!

The only way I know to get it without is to get the one K-Var is selling the Saiaga we all know and love with the Monte Carlo stock AND the bolt stop.

Once again, need to use the proper magazines. Unless the mod I have in mind works out for follower replacement.

#11 ·
"in an unmolested condition" :)

It will be just like any other Saiga-12 conversion, you'll need the correct parts. As I've understood Brian, it just has a really cool sporter stock vs. the typical monte carlo stock. Everything else is going to be the same. So most likely for me a US folding stock, pistol grip, and muzzle brake to be "done". There may be some other parts I'll add but offhand probably just those bits.

#13 ·
I haven't talked with him about guns lately since I never get up to the DC area any more. I should ping him soon! I'd like him to bring some of his toys down so we can go to the local range but I doubt I can convince him to make the long drive. Maybe I'll bribe him with beer :D

If you're part of the pre-sales list he should have contacted you with details. Waiting patiently ;)

That stock looks good! I'm going to use a triangular stock on mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.