Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I have an -030 on order!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default I have an -030 on order!

Finally put one on order from Welcome to Red Dragun Weapons, LLC which is owned by Brian, aka US_Dragunov here on Gunco.

Factory magazine feed chute and that bolt stop to function like an AR shotgun. Fun times! Here is what it will look like is coming in:

INCREDIBLY, the ATF only has a problem with the picatinny rail on the gas block.

The reason I got this NOW instead of later, is that this is the only shipment with the rail that we will probably see. The ATF is trying to figure how to cut off that rail, but the amount of metal left isn't enough to support the gas block. The future shipments will PROBABLY have the rail either welded over, or somehow machined away to keep EVIL FLASHLIGHTS from being mounted. My point is, that if you want a collectible Saiga, this will be the one!

So, when it arrives, I'm going to convert it to a folding stock, add 922r parts, and stick it in the safe! Since the Saiga-12 needs only 3 parts, I will do good with the trigger internals and (maybe) a flash hider from DPH. At least that will do the trick for 922

The real kick in the pants is that the USA magazines won't use the last round bolt stop due to the use of new followers in the factory magazines. There may be a modification to get new followers to work in USA magazines, but that remains to be seen.

I hope these will be arriving sometime this spring, but with overseas shipments who can tell. Just so it arrives by Christmas!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

just got off phone with brian, I am think about it very hard for this one .

卡拉希尼可夫突擊步槍

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

That's pretty sweet...even as is. Is that top cover hinged?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

yes, kind like the Krinkov/berly

卡拉希尼可夫突擊步槍

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I like that

Do you know if it can be bought without the mag well?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

WITHOUT? No idea. The mag well is removable. Pin in the back, screw in front. The pin in back holds the retainer in place and extra long for the magwell, so you would have to get a new, shorter pin for just the retainer. You could take it off and use it like that I suppose, and it would let you use the non-magwell magazines. Problem with this, is that the non-magwell magazines don't do the last round bolt stop!

The only way I know to get it without is to get the one K-Var is selling the Saiaga we all know and love with the Monte Carlo stock AND the bolt stop.

Once again, need to use the proper magazines. Unless the mod I have in mind works out for follower replacement.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Thanks
    I asked because I wouldn't want to buy different mags for two shotguns that are basicly the same.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Got to handle the sample again this weekend - fun stuff

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

This is a sporterized version of the 030 right? What's the likelihood that all the correct parts can be had to convert back, after the 922r parts are added? Or rather, what parts are needed to get it back to an unmolested condition?
    member 143

Feedback Score

I have one on order also. I hope thry arrive before any laws change.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.