Thread: ...at a standstill

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default ...at a standstill

OK, so since last year, when I was on the forum, I was mulling over converting my Saiga 12 from the sporter stock, to a TRUE pistol grip configuration.
    Well, I grabbed my balls and dove into the conversion. Popped some rivtets, filed some welds and have everything apart. NOW Im stuck.

I suppose I didnt realize that I need a conversion kit with trigger parts??

Help

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Have you checked over on the SAIGA12 forum? Lots of options for doing a conversion.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I suppose I didnt realize that I need a conversion kit with trigger parts??
    What conversion kit?
    You can use a G2 trigger but it needs to be modded, the one thing is take a little off the top of the hook of the trigger that grabs the hammer, if you don't the bolt hits it. The other is if you want the BHO, you need to remove a little off the right side of the hammer where the pin goes through to make room for the plate.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Well, I'm lost and about ready to ship this thing to somebody that knows what the hell they are doing

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

It is unclear from your brief description what exactly is the problem. If you could be more specific I'm sure we can figure it out! If you are asking about the trigger, yes, you will need a "real" trigger for the Saiga-12. Since the conversion is only 3 parts for the 'typical' PG conversion, you will probably just get a US mag and use a "real" trigger to save some money.

Feedback Score

What are you having problems with? I did 2 of my own.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by hcpookie View Post
    It is unclear from your brief description what exactly is the problem. If you could be more specific I'm sure we can figure it out! If you are asking about the trigger, yes, you will need a "real" trigger for the Saiga-12. Since the conversion is only 3 parts for the 'typical' PG conversion, you will probably just get a US mag and use a "real" trigger to save some money.
    If you go this way, I believe, you shouldn't put the 5 round mag in because you would then not have enough US parts for 922.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

get a tromix or dinzag trigger set. it is a tapco that they have already modded to fit the s 12. it is a drop in part. if you can weld the holes, this should be a snap. i left the factory hammer in place and just used the trigger parts. seriously dont give up now. its not too difficult.
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

This is the best tutorial that I found. Using it as a guide it made it very easy. It is for the 7.62x39 but there are many similarities.
    Saiga Conversion

In addition to the 922r parts, you may want to purchase a different retention spring for the hammer and trigger pins; the one that you remove is difficult to reuse.
    Last edited by Sam7.62; 05-01-2011 at 12:59 AM.
    "If a nation expects to remain ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." - Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

Here my buddy Greg goes step by step converting a Saga 12.
    carolinashooterssupply.com Videos and Links

And here are various Saiga12 conversion kits in various flavors. Everything you need.
    CONVERSION KITS

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.