Gunco Forums banner

...at a standstill

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  The Real Sarge 
#1 ·
OK, so since last year, when I was on the forum, I was mulling over converting my Saiga 12 from the sporter stock, to a TRUE pistol grip configuration.
Well, I grabbed my balls and dove into the conversion. Popped some rivtets, filed some welds and have everything apart. NOW Im stuck.

I suppose I didnt realize that I need a conversion kit with trigger parts??

Help:crybaby::confused:

#3 ·
I suppose I didnt realize that I need a conversion kit with trigger parts??
What conversion kit?
You can use a G2 trigger but it needs to be modded, the one thing is take a little off the top of the hook of the trigger that grabs the hammer, if you don't the bolt hits it. The other is if you want the BHO, you need to remove a little off the right side of the hammer where the pin goes through to make room for the plate.

#5 ·
It is unclear from your brief description what exactly is the problem. If you could be more specific I'm sure we can figure it out! If you are asking about the trigger, yes, you will need a "real" trigger for the Saiga-12. Since the conversion is only 3 parts for the 'typical' PG conversion, you will probably just get a US mag and use a "real" trigger to save some money.

#8 ·
get a tromix or dinzag trigger set. it is a tapco that they have already modded to fit the s 12. it is a drop in part. if you can weld the holes, this should be a snap. i left the factory hammer in place and just used the trigger parts. seriously dont give up now. its not too difficult.

#9 · (Edited)
This is the best tutorial that I found. Using it as a guide it made it very easy. It is for the 7.62x39 but there are many similarities.
Saiga Conversion

In addition to the 922r parts, you may want to purchase a different retention spring for the hammer and trigger pins; the one that you remove is difficult to reuse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.