Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Steel saiga 20 gauge mag coming soon.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Man, that looks nice. I'm still hoping for a DS S12 mag in a 12-16 round capacity. "IF" you decide to do a 12 gauge mag, what size/type do you think you would try to manufacture? Capacity and single/double stack? Thanks CS. Again, it looks nice.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

I can fit a 8 round 12 gauge mag on my press. The 10 round plates would probably fit but would need some special work to make them fit.

I would not make a magazine over 10 rounds for the 12 gauge simply because I feel the variations of 12 gauge hulls starts to mess things up.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I think I'd rather have an 8 rounder for the S-12 anyway.

Feedback Score

Yeah so would I.

I've been loving the 8 round in the 20 gauge. Its a fair compromise of firepower to size.

I have wondered what kind of flak I'd get for making a 2 3/4 inch only 12 gauge mag. Most of the military/police grade shells are 2 3/4 inch. It would prevent the shorter cases from getting stuck on the feed hood if I just set the mag forward a little.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by csspecs View Post
    I have wondered what kind of flak I'd get for making a 2 3/4 inch only 12 gauge mag. Most of the military/police grade shells are 2 3/4 inch. It would prevent the shorter cases from getting stuck on the feed hood if I just set the mag forward a little.
    I wouldn't buy it.

Feedback Score

Ok well thats good to know.. I'll probably make the 3 inch first,

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Yeah I think your better off doing a 3" setup.

I also agree with the 8 round mags, the 10 rounders are nice but starting to get on the long side, and the 12 rounders are just ridiculous (mono pod) if you need that many rounds get a drum.
    I bought two of those SureFire 12s and I don't like them that long, I bought them just before the price drop so I can't even break even if I'd try to sell them, I'll most likely cut them down to 8s.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Yeah, I run a lot of both 3" and 2-3/4" shells, but all of my defensive ammo is 3".

Feedback Score

I may make the 2 3/4 inch as a side product. I do think that better reliability could be achieved using a magazine designed specifically for 2 3/4 inch shells.

Looking at the design of both the 12 and the 20 gauge I'm going to guess the Russians planned a mag for each size, and noticed that the 3" fed both sizes.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

That's why I was asking whether he could do a double stack. It would keep the length down, while still giving you the capacity. I know a lot of people are talking about double stacks for the S12, but no one appears to be making any progress. "If" a double stack of say 12-14 rounds could be made in the same over all length of the 8 round single stack, it would be nice. Yeah, the 10-12 rounders currently available are too long realistically.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.