Gunco Forums banner

s12 redo

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  netpackrat 
#1 ·
took the basic converted 12 apart last weekend to add a few things. ended up with an ace skeleton and a chaos rail that was a used trade. did a mild bolt/carrier/hammer polish, welded hk sights to the cover and spliced the front into the top rail. i cut the aft 2" off the rail to be able to pop the cover without removing the top. crappy pic but you get the idea.

the kids wanted to run to the range today and figured this would be a good time to shoot the 12. i had 3 boxes of bulk walmart cheapshit. i was not optimistic but what the hell. the only fte's were from the factory mag and only the last round. these were partial ejects where the hull cleared but the bolt caught the ass end when it closed. the agp fed all and ejected all. i did have a few that didnt chamber, but not enough to piss me off. i must have gotten one that was assembled correctly from the factory (a good vodka day). needless to say i am tickled and will leave well enough alone.

See less See more
#3 ·
Coils this is the rail from you. You had dovetailed it already and I cut the top off the hi sight and dremeled it to fit the dovetail. Wasn't pretty or perfect and needed some jb weld to fill gaps. Hit itwith some paint. From 2 feet it looks factory, close up the purist will cringe

#5 ·
oh crap they are good. thought i was using my others yesterday. double checked and they were the ones from you. funny, they had zero fte's on the cheap walmart crap i had. the oem mag would give me one on the last round.

#6 ·
Good job Smart! That thing looks way wicked. Yeah, I gotta get some more mags and the SGM's sound like the way to go. Is the one pictured 10 or 12 round?

#10 ·
Reason I sent you the ones that were new in the wrapper instead of the ones I opened was so I couldn't be blamed if you had trouble with them.
:D
I got two of those but never tried them, I was thinking about cutting them down to 8 rndrs, already got five 5s, three 10s and a couple MDA's 20 rnd drums.

From 2 feet it looks factory, close up the purist will cringe
LOL
I figured that was the rail you got from me since you said you cut it down. So you had the same problem I did with the top cover hitting it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.