Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: s12 redo

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default s12 redo

took the basic converted 12 apart last weekend to add a few things. ended up with an ace skeleton and a chaos rail that was a used trade. did a mild bolt/carrier/hammer polish, welded hk sights to the cover and spliced the front into the top rail. i cut the aft 2" off the rail to be able to pop the cover without removing the top. crappy pic but you get the idea.

the kids wanted to run to the range today and figured this would be a good time to shoot the 12. i had 3 boxes of bulk walmart cheapshit. i was not optimistic but what the hell. the only fte's were from the factory mag and only the last round. these were partial ejects where the hull cleared but the bolt caught the ass end when it closed. the agp fed all and ejected all. i did have a few that didnt chamber, but not enough to piss me off. i must have gotten one that was assembled correctly from the factory (a good vodka day). needless to say i am tickled and will leave well enough alone.
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

That looks nice.
    How did you attach the front sight?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Coils this is the rail from you. You had dovetailed it already and I cut the top off the hi sight and dremeled it to fit the dovetail. Wasn't pretty or perfect and needed some jb weld to fill gaps. Hit itwith some paint. From 2 feet it looks factory, close up the purist will cringe

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

How are the SGM magazines working out for you?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

oh crap they are good. thought i was using my others yesterday. double checked and they were the ones from you. funny, they had zero fte's on the cheap walmart crap i had. the oem mag would give me one on the last round.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Good job Smart! That thing looks way wicked. Yeah, I gotta get some more mags and the SGM's sound like the way to go. Is the one pictured 10 or 12 round?
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Good job Smart! That thing looks way wicked. Yeah, I gotta get some more mags and the SGM's sound like the way to go. Is the one pictured 10 or 12 round?
    12 ROUNDERS.

HOPING TO GET TO THE POST OFFICE TODAY. YOU WILL HAVE AN ADDED SURPRISE. FOUND SOME MORE STUFF, HEHEHE!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by smartbomb View Post
    oh crap they are good. thought i was using my others yesterday. double checked and they were the ones from you. funny, they had zero fte's on the cheap walmart crap i had. the oem mag would give me one on the last round.
    I'm glad they are working out for you, because my S-12 doesn't like the SGMs at all. Reason I sent you the ones that were new in the wrapper instead of the ones I opened was so I couldn't be blamed if you had trouble with them.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by netpackrat View Post
    I'm glad they are working out for you, because my S-12 doesn't like the SGMs at all. Reason I sent you the ones that were new in the wrapper instead of the ones I opened was so I couldn't be blamed if you had trouble with them.
    never, i am from the buyer beware club. i generally dont hold it against anyone unless buying retail. i will get uppity at a brick and mortar. but in your case the mags were just fine.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Reason I sent you the ones that were new in the wrapper instead of the ones I opened was so I couldn't be blamed if you had trouble with them.

I got two of those but never tried them, I was thinking about cutting them down to 8 rndrs, already got five 5s, three 10s and a couple MDA's 20 rnd drums.

From 2 feet it looks factory, close up the purist will cringe
    LOL
    I figured that was the rail you got from me since you said you cut it down. So you had the same problem I did with the top cover hitting it?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.