Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 347

Thread: New machined Adapter for .223

  1. #131
    Gunco Rookie jaredin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    15
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    What does it take to get one of these puppies installed, exactly? I've got a Saiga. Pretty much just pop it in or a little bit of dremel work?

  2. #132
    Gunco Member christcorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    51
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaredin View Post
    What does it take to get one of these puppies installed, exactly? I've got a Saiga. Pretty much just pop it in or a little bit of dremel work?
    The adapter is literally a "Snap it in" procedure. Just as if it was a Saiga Magazine. There will be instructions. There's 2 things that basically need to be done. A very small amount of dremel on the back side of the Saiga mag release paddle lever that you push to release the magazine. It doesn't quite seat far enough, so a slight touch with the dremel will let it go further to hold the adapter in place.

    The other part, which is definitely a little bit of work with the dremel, is to grind the 2 tabs that are part of the trunnion. If you try right now to put in an AR15 magazine, you'll see that it can really go up all the way. These two tabs stop it. So, you'll need to grind it so the AR magazine can go in deeper. Wait until you get the adapter, so you'll know how much to grind. Once the magazine can go all the way up through the adapter, and CLICK into play like an AR magazine should, you'll be far enough. Hard to judge without the adapter on hand. I did some of the grinding ahead of time. I didn't screw the pooch, but I really wish I had waited. Then I could have done a nicer job.

    But Renegadebuck includes really good instruction. later.. mike...

  3. #133
    Gunco Rookie jaredin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    15
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Thanks, Mike. I was just curious as the extent of my experience with modding a Saiga thus far, is a P.G. conversion + 922nr parts. Nothing crazy yet. Doesn't sound too bad though. I looked up the MSA one and it looked as easy as a brain transplant (and thus got worried).

  4. #134
    Gunco Member christcorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    51
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Default

    From my understanding, the MSA one is actually harder than Renegadebuck's, because it requires some other grinding to get the adapter to fit correctly. Renegade's the adapter fit's in, just like it was a magazine. (Except for that little grinding I told you on the paddle lever). Definitely wait till you get the adapter. Put it in, you'll see what on the tab you need to grind a little so the lever holds the adapter in place. Then you can work on the magazine going up inside the rifle. That will be pretty obvious once you start. But renegadebuck is there for you. He's awesome. He won't let you down. Actually, his instructions are on this forum or somewhere on the web. I looked at it before I got my adapter. Do a search and I think you'll find the instructions. later... mike.....

  5. #135
    Gunco Regular renegadebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    456
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by christcorp View Post
    From my understanding, the MSA one is actually harder than Renegadebuck's, because it requires some other grinding to get the adapter to fit correctly. Renegade's the adapter fit's in, just like it was a magazine. (Except for that little grinding I told you on the paddle lever). Definitely wait till you get the adapter. Put it in, you'll see what on the tab you need to grind a little so the lever holds the adapter in place. Then you can work on the magazine going up inside the rifle. That will be pretty obvious once you start. But renegadebuck is there for you. He's awesome. He won't let you down. Actually, his instructions are on this forum or somewhere on the web. I looked at it before I got my adapter. Do a search and I think you'll find the instructions. later... mike.....

    Yeah, Sorry you had to grind the paddle lever. Most don't have to. I try to make it as trouble free to install as possible, but AK's are not built to close spec's, so you can't make them all fit out of the box.

  6. #136
    Gunco Member christcorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    51
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by renegadebuck View Post
    Yeah, Sorry you had to grind the paddle lever. Most don't have to. I try to make it as trouble free to install as possible, but AK's are not built to close spec's, so you can't make them all fit out of the box.
    Not a problem. And you're correct, most probably wouldn't have to. Mine was just a pubic hair too much. I couldn't get it to catch. But it still holds holds the original magazines in if I take out the adapter. But, your mileage may vary. And you correctly point out, AK's aren't built to as good of QC specs as most rifles. So each one may need a slight tweak here or there. Overall however, I am very happy with it.

  7. #137
    No Hope For Me Coils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    PA Where the Amish Roam Free
    Posts
    13,673
    Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

    Default

    I am very happy with it.
    I'm glad to hear that too, and that you didn't have much trouble getting it fitted.
    I didn't notice it, but did you get to shoot it yet? Thoughts?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

  8. #138
    Gunco Member christcorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    51
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    I'm glad to hear that too, and that you didn't have much trouble getting it fitted.
    I didn't notice it, but did you get to shoot it yet? Thoughts?
    Yea, I've had a chance to shoot it. I had to do a little modifying; not really to the adapter, but to the rifle. Of 10 AR magazines, I've got 6 working real well. The other 4 had some issues, but I'm pretty sure it's more magazine related. Some had issues with the last 2 rounds in the magazine. I replaced the followers with some magpul followers. I'll probably be trying those mags this weekend. I have another small issue, but Mike (renegadebuck) is working with me on that. All in all, it is cool.

  9. #139
    Gunco Member christcorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    51
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Default

    Jaredin; I finally finished my little "Modifications". Here's a picture of my saiga with Renegadebuck's AR/Saiga .223 adapter on it, that I got from coils. I had/have a couple of magazine issues, but those are totally magazine related. The 6 good AR magazines that I have, shoot great through the adapter. No issues at all. Sorry I don't have any close up shots of the adapter. This pic is a cell phone pic. My wife's the amateur photographer. I'll see if she'll take some better pics some time. Anyway, as you can see, the adapter looks like it's part of the gun and suppose to be there. Once renegadebuck gets back into production, I think you will be very pleased with his product. I am. Catch you later.... Mike.....

  10. #140
    Gunco Regular renegadebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    456
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

    Default

    You guys won't believe this. I had my first can't be pleased customer. Yes, I know you can believe that. What is hard to believe is why. This guy has the only rifle so far that the adapter refuses to work on(when he has it). He shipped it to me(the rifle), I checked and fitted it, shot 60 rounds through it in 3 mags, no trouble. I ship it back, he's not happy. OK, I offer to buy it back. That's not good enough either. I'm suppose to buy the entire setup(of course this wouldn't make him happy either, so why bother) I said I'd buy the adapter back and that was it. He's suppose to send it, but who knows. This is the same guy that called at 3am to complain and ask for help. I have figured out why he's having trouble, but I think it better now, after my integrity was questioned and insulted, to just refund and say Bye bye! I really hate to, and hate this happened, but there are all kinds in this world. Some you can get along with and some you can't. Don't take this wrong. He may be a really nice guy, just not to me.

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •