Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 348

Thread: New machined Adapter for .223

  1. #231
    Gunco Regular renegadebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    456
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Posthumous View Post
    Got mine in the mail today, that sucker popped right in, and feeds rounds from an AR mag like a champ! Awesome!

    A+++! Thanks!!!

    Thank you! I'm glad everything worked out for you. Any trouble please let me know.

    I'm thinking of selling them in kit form for the inventive out there. 20 bucks + shipping. What do you guys think?
    .223 adapter instructions
    www.christcorp.com/renegadeadapter.pdf


  2. #232
    Gunco Member Lunyfringe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penrose, CO
    Posts
    224
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by renegadebuck View Post
    Thank you! I'm glad everything worked out for you. Any trouble please let me know.

    I'm thinking of selling them in kit form for the inventive out there. 20 bucks + shipping. What do you guys think?
    I'd buy 2 at that price...

  3. #233
    Gunco Regular renegadebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    456
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lunyfringe View Post
    I'd buy 2 at that price...

    OK, let's see.

    Included will be a body, 1- 1/8 square bar x 6, 1- 1/8 square bar x 5, 1- Z bar, 1-3/16 round bar, 1- 1/8 X 1/4 flat for magcatch, 1 spring, 1- button.

    This is one kit.
    .223 adapter instructions
    www.christcorp.com/renegadeadapter.pdf


  4. #234
    Gunco Member Lunyfringe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penrose, CO
    Posts
    224
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by renegadebuck View Post
    OK, let's see.

    Included will be a body, 1- 1/8 square bar x 6, 1- 1/8 square bar x 5, 1- Z bar, 1-3/16 round bar, 1- 1/8 X 1/4 flat for magcatch, 1 spring, 1- button.

    This is one kit.
    PM replied, MO will be on the way tomorrow- sounds like a fun & challenging project, and I'd order 2 because I fully expect to screw one up beyond repair...
    and finish is a whole other project, but since I'm building a Polish Tantal in .223 (Beryl Commando clone) anyway, I'll finish them as a whole..

    Thanks!

  5. #235
    No Hope For Me Coils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    PA Where the Amish Roam Free
    Posts
    14,026
    Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

    Default

    I'm thinking of selling them in kit form for the inventive out there. 20 bucks + shipping. What do you guys think?
    That's a great idea
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

  6. #236
    Gunco Member Blackhawk2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NW Indianapolis
    Posts
    64
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    I finally installed my adapter last week. Looks like great workmanship. It is incredibly tight on the rifle right now, and a standard GI AR mag is also incredibly tight at this point. I had to grind off a disturbing amount of metal from the lugs on the receiver to enable the mag to feed. Haven't shot it yet, but it cycles dummy rounds OK so far. I have to say, except for the grinding-to-fit-the mag part, it was easy, but I sweated bullets having to grind on the locking lugs like that.
    When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout... R.A. Heinlein

  7. #237
    Gunco Regular renegadebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    456
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk2001 View Post
    I finally installed my adapter last week. Looks like great workmanship. It is incredibly tight on the rifle right now, and a standard GI AR mag is also incredibly tight at this point. I had to grind off a disturbing amount of metal from the lugs on the receiver to enable the mag to feed. Haven't shot it yet, but it cycles dummy rounds OK so far. I have to say, except for the grinding-to-fit-the mag part, it was easy, but I sweated bullets having to grind on the locking lugs like that.

    Unfortunately there's nothing that can be done about that. If you want to use AR mags, they have to fit up far enough in the gun to work. Kinda like putting a big block Chevy in a Pinto. You can do it and it'll work, but it wasn't designed for it.
    .223 adapter instructions
    www.christcorp.com/renegadeadapter.pdf


  8. #238
    Gunco Member Blackhawk2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NW Indianapolis
    Posts
    64
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by renegadebuck View Post
    Unfortunately there's nothing that can be done about that. If you want to use AR mags, they have to fit up far enough in the gun to work. Kinda like putting a big block Chevy in a Pinto. You can do it and it'll work, but it wasn't designed for it.
    Yeah, I knew that going in, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to grind so much off. I don't want anyone to take that as a criticism; I think I'm going to be happy with this adapter, but it was a scary thing for this novice to do.
    When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout... R.A. Heinlein

  9. #239
    Gunco Regular renegadebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    456
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk2001 View Post
    Yeah, I knew that going in, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to grind so much off. I don't want anyone to take that as a criticism; I think I'm going to be happy with this adapter, but it was a scary thing for this novice to do.

    Oh no. I want everyone to take that as criticism. This is not a difficult thing to accomplish, but it's not for everyone. You would not believe how many people, after reading the instructions, go ape about it after they receive the adapter.

    When you come right down to it, we're almost all novices when it comes to this sort of stuff. If it would have been a car, I would have been comfortable!
    .223 adapter instructions
    www.christcorp.com/renegadeadapter.pdf


  10. #240
    Gunco Rookie UCPOPO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Brand new to the forum. Im intrested in one of your adapters but would prefer to have it installed by a pro. Do you do installs? Im a police officer in Oklahoma and want to tinker around with the idea or using my M4 mags on a AK that can take a beating. Thanks

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •