Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast

Thread: New machined Adapter for .223

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Posthumous View Post
    Got mine in the mail today, that sucker popped right in, and feeds rounds from an AR mag like a champ! Awesome!

A+++! Thanks!!!

Thank you! I'm glad everything worked out for you. Any trouble please let me know.

I'm thinking of selling them in kit form for the inventive out there. 20 bucks + shipping. What do you guys think?
    .223 adapter instructions
    www.christcorp.com/renegadeadapter.pdf

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by renegadebuck View Post
    Thank you! I'm glad everything worked out for you. Any trouble please let me know.

I'm thinking of selling them in kit form for the inventive out there. 20 bucks + shipping. What do you guys think?
    I'd buy 2 at that price...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lunyfringe View Post
    I'd buy 2 at that price...

OK, let's see.

Included will be a body, 1- 1/8 square bar x 6, 1- 1/8 square bar x 5, 1- Z bar, 1-3/16 round bar, 1- 1/8 X 1/4 flat for magcatch, 1 spring, 1- button.

This is one kit.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

OK, let's see.

Included will be a body, 1- 1/8 square bar x 6, 1- 1/8 square bar x 5, 1- Z bar, 1-3/16 round bar, 1- 1/8 X 1/4 flat for magcatch, 1 spring, 1- button.

This is one kit.
    PM replied, MO will be on the way tomorrow- sounds like a fun & challenging project, and I'd order 2 because I fully expect to screw one up beyond repair...
    and finish is a whole other project, but since I'm building a Polish Tantal in .223 (Beryl Commando clone) anyway, I'll finish them as a whole..

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

That's a great idea
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

I finally installed my adapter last week. Looks like great workmanship. It is incredibly tight on the rifle right now, and a standard GI AR mag is also incredibly tight at this point. I had to grind off a disturbing amount of metal from the lugs on the receiver to enable the mag to feed. Haven't shot it yet, but it cycles dummy rounds OK so far. I have to say, except for the grinding-to-fit-the mag part, it was easy, but I sweated bullets having to grind on the locking lugs like that.
    When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout... R.A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk2001 View Post
    I finally installed my adapter last week. Looks like great workmanship. It is incredibly tight on the rifle right now, and a standard GI AR mag is also incredibly tight at this point. I had to grind off a disturbing amount of metal from the lugs on the receiver to enable the mag to feed. Haven't shot it yet, but it cycles dummy rounds OK so far. I have to say, except for the grinding-to-fit-the mag part, it was easy, but I sweated bullets having to grind on the locking lugs like that.

Unfortunately there's nothing that can be done about that. If you want to use AR mags, they have to fit up far enough in the gun to work. Kinda like putting a big block Chevy in a Pinto. You can do it and it'll work, but it wasn't designed for it.

Feedback Score

Unfortunately there's nothing that can be done about that. If you want to use AR mags, they have to fit up far enough in the gun to work. Kinda like putting a big block Chevy in a Pinto. You can do it and it'll work, but it wasn't designed for it.
    Yeah, I knew that going in, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to grind so much off. I don't want anyone to take that as a criticism; I think I'm going to be happy with this adapter, but it was a scary thing for this novice to do.
    When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout... R.A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk2001 View Post
    Yeah, I knew that going in, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to grind so much off. I don't want anyone to take that as a criticism; I think I'm going to be happy with this adapter, but it was a scary thing for this novice to do.

Oh no. I want everyone to take that as criticism. This is not a difficult thing to accomplish, but it's not for everyone. You would not believe how many people, after reading the instructions, go ape about it after they receive the adapter.

When you come right down to it, we're almost all novices when it comes to this sort of stuff. If it would have been a car, I would have been comfortable!

Feedback Score

Brand new to the forum. Im intrested in one of your adapters but would prefer to have it installed by a pro. Do you do installs? Im a police officer in Oklahoma and want to tinker around with the idea or using my M4 mags on a AK that can take a beating. Thanks

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.