Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: New machined Adapter for .223

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    I know I wouldn't be that lucky.
    Thanks for the info

You might be, There are 2 different trunnions. It's easy to see. Take the cover off the top and remove the spring and bolt. Turn the rifle upside down and insert an AR mag as far as you can in the magwell. Does it fit flush with the mag rail? If so , no machining required. If not, get out the dremel!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I was wondering if these are still available?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_stikx View Post
    I was wondering if these are still available?
    He makes them to order - why wouldn't they be?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
    He makes them to order - why wouldn't they be?

I actually have a small stock of them now. With the new price of the stainless DPMS .308 mags ($17.95 at 44mag.com), I'm going to extend them to fit the Saiga .308 as it's just a matter of making them bigger. I'll post when I get one made sometime next week(I hope). I'm waiting on the mags to be delivered. Coils, has one of the .223. Maybe he'll let us know what he thinks of it when he gets it fitted.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by renegadebuck View Post
    I actually have a small stock of them now. With the new price of the stainless DPMS .308 mags ($17.95 at 44mag.com), I'm going to extend them to fit the Saiga .308 as it's just a matter of making them bigger. I'll post when I get one made sometime next week(I hope). I'm waiting on the mags to be delivered. Coils, has one of the .223. Maybe he'll let us know what he thinks of it when he gets it fitted.
    Insomnia, eh?

The Saiga folks'll sure be glad to hear about a .308 adapter for (relatively) cheaper magazines.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Thought you were going to build the 308 adapter for FAL Inch mags...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by patjsimpson View Post
    Thought you were going to build the 308 adapter for FAL Inch mags...

I have built one for FAL metric. I just haven't shot it enough for it to prove itself to me yet. I've been having trouble with my .308. The Sear won't catch the hammer, making it jam sometimes. Until I'm sure the mag has nothing to do with this(It does the same way with the surefires), I won't even think about selling one. I'm gonna try a Texas AK trigger group as the tapco hasn't been up to par!. Every jam so far has been proven to be the sear's fault. but until I'm sure, I won't post plans for the do it yourselfers. The FAL adapters are too difficult to make for me to produce them. I have a lot of hours in it so somebody other than me might as well get the benefit also. Thus, I will publish the plans after I'm sure of it. Using a Mil spec mag though would be just like the .223. I originally designed this adapter to work on both rifles, so this should go smoothly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
    Insomnia, eh?

The Saiga folks'll sure be glad to hear about a .308 adapter for (relatively) cheaper magazines.

Not really insomnia, just trying to catch up. My job picked up a little and I don't have as much time during the day to check the forums. All of them(this one included) don't send a notice of a message. So to be safe and sure, I check them. Now off to bed!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Coils, has one of the .223. Maybe he'll let us know what he thinks of it when he gets it fitted.
    Yes I'll give my $.02 later with pic(s), but just a quick comment of looks, it looks a lot better then in the pics and seems very well made. Hope that's good enough of a teaser?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Almost there, taking longer then I thought because I keep getting side track with other duties.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

ak mag adapter 223

renegade buck saiga 223 ar mag adapter

saiga 223 mag adapter
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.