Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread: New machined Adapter for .223

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

renegadebuck - I'm finally getting around to getting this fitted to a SAR3 and all looks like it is good other than where the mag release is (the pin/rivet holding the mag release). If I remove some material from the mag adapter in the small area to clear this "pin/rivet" - do you think it would cause any problems with everything lining up? I attached a couple of pictures to show what I'm referring to.

On the norinco's I have I just need to remove just a little material in the front of the magwell (not the trunnion but the receiver) for the adapter to line up straight.

All is coming along good otherwise.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sniper69 View Post
    renegadebuck - I'm finally getting around to getting this fitted to a SAR3 and all looks like it is good other than where the mag release is (the pin/rivet holding the mag release). If I remove some material from the mag adapter in the small area to clear this "pin/rivet" - do you think it would cause any problems with everything lining up? I attached a couple of pictures to show what I'm referring to.

On the norinco's I have I just need to remove just a little material in the front of the magwell (not the trunnion but the receiver) for the adapter to line up straight.

All is coming along good otherwise.

On the side next to the release button, straighten it a bit with a pair of sidecutter pliers. This should clear the rivet. You shouldn't have to bend it but just a touch.
    .223 adapter instructions
    www.christcorp.com/renegadeadapter.pdf

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by renegadebuck View Post
    On the side next to the release button, straighten it a bit with a pair of sidecutter pliers. This should clear the rivet. You shouldn't have to bend it but just a touch.
    Thanks - that did the trick. Now I'm trying to get the AR mag to insert in as far as it went in without the adapter (it is a little low to the front and lower towards the back). I'll post some pics in a bit.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Here are some pics of the mag adapter installed:

Pics of the mag inserted without the mag adapter:

And the mag inserted into the mag adapter in the SAR3:

If I can get a break to work on it later - I'll see if I can troubleshoot it some more. Or if you have some suggestions - I'll gladly listen.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Will the bolt catch the rounds and load at all? The rear should be a bit lower than the front as the bolt should only catch the top 1/3-1/4 of the round so as to not produce an AD.
    Try it with dummy rounds by hand. Put the piston and bolt in but not the spring. Insert the mag and cycle the bolt quickly. Does it load?

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Will the bolt catch the rounds and load at all? The rear should be a bit lower than the front as the bolt should only catch the top 1/3-1/4 of the round so as to not produce an AD.
    Try it with dummy rounds by hand. Put the piston and bolt in but not the spring. Insert the mag and cycle the bolt quickly. Does it load?
    I'll give it a try, but as of now the mag isn't latching with the mag catch. The mag needs to go in further for it to latch.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I'll give it a try, but as of now the mag isn't latching with the mag catch. The mag needs to go in further for it to latch.

If it's not catching, no need to try. How far is it missing the catch?

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

If it's not catching, no need to try. How far is it missing the catch?
    It is missing it by about 3/8" when the mag is pushed into the adapter as far as it will go.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

It is missing it by about 3/8" when the mag is pushed into the adapter as far as it will go.

1. What's stopping the mag?

2. You're saying the slot in the mag is 3/8 inch lower than the adapter magcatch?

3. Let me see a side pic of the mag in the rifle without the adapter on it. I need to see how far off the slot in the mag is from the bottom of the receiver.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

1. What's stopping the mag?

2. You're saying the slot in the mag is 3/8 inch lower than the adapter magcatch?

3. Let me see a side pic of the mag in the rifle without the adapter on it. I need to see how far off the slot in the mag is from the bottom of the receiver.
    1. It looks like the front of the mag adapter is stopping the mag from going all the way in. I can insert the mag to a point, but then it is tight against the adapter (the front of the mag is tight against the front of the adapter but not the back). I tried both the cproducts mag (pictured) and a D&H mag.

2. Yes with the mag adapter in the slot in the mag is about 3/8 inch lower than the mag catch. Here is a pic of the side of the mag. The channel locks handle is pointing to a line above the slot in the mag. This line is where the mag catch is at with the mag inserted as far as I can put it in.

3. Here are a couple pics of the mag in the rifle without the adapter. I can push the back end up more than what is pictured, but then it would interfere with the bolt and carrier. The front of the mag is in as far as it will go.

and

If any other pics or info is needed, let me know.

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Search tags for this page

ak mag adapter 223

renegade buck saiga 223 ar mag adapter

saiga 223 mag adapter
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.