Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread: New machined Adapter for .223

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

renegadebuck - I've been doing some troubleshooting on this end and removed some trunnion material where it looked like the AR mag was rubbing. The mag catch is only about an 1/8" from engaging the slot in the mag now. The front of the mag doesn't appear to be binding in the front of the adapter now. Now if I can only figure why the back of the mag is stopping where it is...
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sniper69 View Post
    renegadebuck - I've been doing some troubleshooting on this end and removed some trunnion material where it looked like the AR mag was rubbing. The mag catch is only about an 1/8" from engaging the slot in the mag now. The front of the mag doesn't appear to be binding in the front of the adapter now. Now if I can only figure why the back of the mag is stopping where it is...

OK, we're making progress. You stop where you are as that adapter will not work on that gun. I have one, however, that I think will. The only difference is the magcatch is lower and it's unfinished. email me and we'll get you straightened out.
    .223 adapter instructions
    www.christcorp.com/renegadeadapter.pdf

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

email sent.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Just an update for those interested in renegadebuck's adapters. I've been using them for quite a while, and am still very happy. I don't get on the forums as much as I would like, but I am still out there shooting. My son recently graduated from the air force academy and we had all our family out for the graduation and vacation. Most are from New Jersey and they never get to shoot. Of course; other than the air force academy, the #1 thing they all wanted to do was shoot guns.

We went through a lot of guns, and the 2 biggest "Fun Guns" for the new jersey family was my S&W M&P15 AR15 and my Saiga 223/5.56. And of course, using renegadebuck's adapter, I was able to mix and match all my magazines. For what it's worth, in 3 days of shooting, the Saiga alone with the renegadebuck adapter went through 1300 rounds. There wasn't 1 malfunction or feeding problem (magazine related). The adapter worked perfectly.

I saw some questions in previous posts, and I will make mention of 2 things for those interested. If you are going to get a thermold or similar molded magazine, the indentation (Instead of a cut out) on the magazine doesn't allow the magazine to stay firmly in the adapter. I suggest a dremel or drill and carefully cut out the notch to provide an actual hole. Or do what I do, and only use the metal USGI magazines with the adapter. I use plenty of thermold 20 round magazines, but I use those in my AR15.

Second thing is if you are shooting from a bench rest, try and stick with 20 round magazines instead of 30 round. With larger magazines, and leaning on a bench, some shooters have a tendency to let the rifle rest on the magazine. This pushes the magazine further up and can cause feeding issues. This has happened with regular AR15 and magazines, and it's more prone with the saiga and the renegadebuck adapter. If leaning on a bench, use 20 round magazines so the rifle doesn't rest on the magazine and push it in further.

But the price renegadebuck charges for the adapter has paid itself back to me many times. I already had AR15/M16 magazines for my AR's. 3 Saiga magazines cost more than the adapter. And I buy AR15/M16 magazines all day for under $10. $8 for 20 rounders. And you can't beat Mike's customer service. I don't receive anything for my endorsement. Simply a very satisfied customer passing the word on. Later... mike...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Hey everyone. If you are expecting to hear from me and haven't in the last 10 days, it's because lightning zapped my computers and phones. Please resend any emails so I have addresses and I'll be glad to respond. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Feedback Score

renegadebuck,

Will this adapter work for a Valmet M76 or a Galil? Also, do you have any updates on an adapter for the 7.62 Galil?

Valmet M76 mags are crazy expensive and I would love to use cheap AR-15 mags instead.

raexcct2@gmail.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by raexcct2 View Post
    renegadebuck,

Will this adapter work for a Valmet M76 or a Galil? Also, do you have any updates on an adapter for the 7.62 Galil?

Valmet M76 mags are crazy expensive and I would love to use cheap AR-15 mags instead.

raexcct2@gmail.com

replied 9-21

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by renegadebuck View Post
    replied 9-21
    Renegadebuck,

Can you resend that e-mail from 9-21-12 as I never received it. The last reply I received from you was on the 19th was that you needed me to make some measurements.

I replied asking which measurements on the Valmet stamped receiver you needed. I never received a response.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by raexcct2 View Post
    Renegadebuck,

Can you resend that e-mail from 9-21-12 as I never received it. The last reply I received from you was on the 19th was that you needed me to make some measurements.

I replied asking which measurements on the Valmet stamped receiver you needed. I never received a response.

Sorry, lightning has been reeking havoc with my computer. I've lost 3 surge protectors, 2 modems, a mouse and a router since the strike that took the computer too.

I need the distance from the bottom rails to the inside edge of the magwell, the distance from the center of the front trunnion that the barrel is held in to the same edge on the magwell. A pic of the bottom of your receiver would also be helpful.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by renegadebuck View Post
    Sorry, lightning has been reeking havoc with my computer. I've lost 3 surge protectors, 2 modems, a mouse and a router since the strike that took the computer too.

I need the distance from the bottom rails to the inside edge of the magwell, the distance from the center of the front trunnion that the barrel is held in to the same edge on the magwell. A pic of the bottom of your receiver would also be helpful.
    Thanks. I'll try and get the pictures and measurements to you this week. Just have to find my calipers.

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Search tags for this page

ak mag adapter 223

renegade buck saiga 223 ar mag adapter

saiga 223 mag adapter
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.