Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread: New machined Adapter for .223

Feedback Score

Please send info on how to purchase one of these for a saiga .223.

Feedback Score

Hi All,
    I'm new here, and I'm really interested in purchasing one of the Renegade Buck magazine adapters for my Saiga .223 which I recently converted.
    Please send info necessary to make this purchase or discuss my needs.
    Thanks!
    Petroman

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

BUMP, BUMP.
    Your in my Mind, and in my Sights

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Info sent
    .223 adapter instructions
    www.christcorp.com/renegadeadapter.pdf

Feedback Score

Ugh I just signed up to the forum to track you down, renegade buck, and I need 15 posts or something to send you a message! can you please send me order info to emailforcali2 at gmail.com? thanks much!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Done
    .223 adapter instructions
    www.christcorp.com/renegadeadapter.pdf

Feedback Score

So here's my review: Get the big harbor freight die grinder, I think it has a low and high speed switch on it. I've had mine forever, I bought a red rock or two at HF to go with it. Like he told me, I put the adaptor on, tried to insert a mag, and clearanced where it needed to fit like the original mag. I think it took an hour or two. I'm sure a mill would produce a better result, but what can you do. I used some dyekem to see that I was getting even surface engagement by the mags(OK, I used rustoleum) to try and make it nice and flat, but meh I just did O K .

Final product: I tried a dozen old AR mags I've had forever(with new followers) and all of them worked flawlessly. I put the mag in, and have to give it a little slap to make it snap in to the catch. I could probably remove more and would be able to put it right in, but the mags fit snug with about as much wobble as the originals, so why mess with something that works, I figure.

I don't think its very likely the trunion will crack. I guess anything could happen, but then that applies to everything. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

I went from a rifle that had two mags that cost me $49 each, to a rifle that has a dozen mags that cost me $8 each. Much more practical! The release works great, drops the mag free, fits tight, what's not to like?

Thanks Renegadebuck! My only complaint is I really had to track you down from other forums. I'll do my part to help by posting my review on Calguns. Thanks again!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Here's the pic, Mike. I can add metal to or take it away from the rec to make it fit. I'm pretty handy at this sort of thing. I'm gonna blast the paint off and refinish it anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mtdew; 03-30-2013 at 11:20 PM.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

Hi, y'all,
    I finished my retrofit about a week ago, but just got to go to the range today. Works flawlessly!!! There is a slight wobble when the mags are installed, and they practically
    fall free when I push the release button.
    I used a plain old dremel tool for the retrofit. The whole process spanned two days and about 3 to 4 hours. I went very slow on purpose, 'cause I didn't want to take too much
    off the trunion 'cause I can't put it back on after it's dust! I would grind, check for fit, grind some more, check for fit, etc. I probably removed about half the thickness of the trunion.
    Over all, I'm thrilled to have a dozen mags now for this gun when I only had two stinkin' Saiga mags before. Anybody wanna buy a couple of Saiga mags? I think they're only like 10 round mags though.
    Thanks Renegadebuck!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

yes I bought one of these after I read renegades bucks post here and on other sites because he said it would work in all 223's well thats partially true, it may work in saiga's with a openned mag well in the trunnion under the bullet guide, others have to be drilled out. So to simplify things if your 223 can use wieger mags then this unit should slip right in, if your trunnion only excepts polish beryl mags the trunnion needs to be ground down with dremel or mill to allow the M-16( ar-15) mag to fit and seat properly

other than that its a solid well made unit
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Search tags for this page

ak mag adapter 223

renegade buck saiga 223 ar mag adapter

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.