Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: New machined Adapter for .223

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Sorry for the delay, had camera problems.

My $.02; It's a nice adapter and looks as nice or better then the pics that Renagadebuck has up. The mag release button does sit out to the side a little more then I thought but it functions, I see no real problems with it unless you abuse your firearms.
    Now the only down side, if you are one of those people that have trouble turning a screw, this will be a hard project for you. If you understand how to work on stuff then it's just doing some grinding/cutting of the lower part of the trunnion just inside the mag well, the mag opening on the rifle doesn't need modded at all.
    It does work and works very well, I put a few mags through the rifle last weekend and had no issues with it.
    Now I did see a post somewhere on another forum where someone modded the front of the mag but cutting a little off the front corners, this would require less work on the rifle but I don't know how well the mag would hold up over time. But then it might not matter since the AR mags are really cheap right now?

This is a pic with a 20 rnd mag in, it all I had near me at the time.
    I'll get better pics later
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Sorry for the delay, had camera problems.

My $.02; It's a nice adapter and looks as nice or better then the pics that Renagadebuck has up. The mag release button does sit out to the side a little more then I thought but it functions, I see no real problems with it unless you abuse your firearms.
    Now the only down side, if you are one of those people that have trouble turning a screw, this will be a hard project for you. If you understand how to work on stuff then it's just doing some grinding/cutting of the lower part of the trunnion just inside the mag well, the mag opening on the rifle doesn't need modded at all.
    It does work and works very well, I put a few mags through the rifle last weekend and had no issues with it.
    Now I did see a post somewhere on another forum where someone modded the front of the mag but cutting a little off the front corners, this would require less work on the rifle but I don't know how well the mag would hold up over time. But then it might not matter since the AR mags are really cheap right now?

This is a pic with a 20 rnd mag in, it all I had near me at the time.
    I'll get better pics later

Thanks, Coils. I thought the limited modding was extremely easy and straight forward. Of course you are correct, if you are not mechanically inclined at all, almost any project is too much for you to handle on your own and should be taken to someone that can do it. What, in your opinion, would be a fair price for a gunsmith to charge for this service? I'm just curious as I've done some for folks that live close for nothing as it only takes me a few minutes, but I don't make my living working on guns. If I work on a car and it only takes 15 minutes, I don't usually charge anything either. People sometimes give me a $5, but I don't ask for it and try not to take it. Then again, 30 minutes or more, I charge an hour so it all works out.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by renegadebuck View Post
    I have built one for FAL metric. I just haven't shot it enough for it to prove itself to me yet. I've been having trouble with my .308.
    I'm trying to find the time to make a clone psl on a milled reciver verry intrested in this. it would ease the pain of finding one more galil .308 mag and I can use my fal mags. up dates? muttman

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
    Some of those guys over there just had to lock the adapter in place and were good to go.
    I know I wouldn't be that lucky.
    Renegade, I told you I wouldn't be that lucky to have an easy one.
    I don't know if the trunnion design were changed on these or not, I got this rifle in July or August. If you have an older rifle then there might be a difference?
    Now I didn't measure it but before I started doing anything I put an AR mag in the mag well and there was a pretty good sized gap between the top of the mag and the bottom of the lower rail. I took a little off at a time and kept checking things, you've done some already and that would make it go a lot faster for you too.

But it does work and seems to work well.
    Anything I said that sounded negitive is just nit-picking and minor, your adapter works and does what it's designed to do.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Renegade, I told you I wouldn't be that lucky to have an easy one.
    I don't know if the trunnion design were changed on these or not, I got this rifle in July or August. If you have an older rifle then there might be a difference?
    Now I didn't measure it but before I started doing anything I put an AR mag in the mag well and there was a pretty good sized gap between the top of the mag and the bottom of the lower rail. I took a little off at a time and kept checking things, you've done some already and that would make it go a lot faster for you too.

But it does work and seems to work well.
    Anything I said that sounded negitive is just nit-picking and minor, your adapter works and does what it's designed to do.

Thank you, but I was not critisizing, I was being honestly curious. I would not expect anyone to do it as fast as me the first time and you did it exactly the right way. I was just wondering what you thought a gunsmith should charge to do the mod. I reread the post and it does kinda sound crappy. I didn't mean for it to however. My girl friend did one, but then again, if I'm standing over your shoulder and hand you a dremmel, take my finger and touch the trunnion, and say put this there and grind with a steady pressure back and forth until I tell you to stop. If my dog had a thumb, I guess he could do it without any trouble too!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by muttman View Post
    I'm trying to find the time to make a clone psl on a milled reciver verry intrested in this. it would ease the pain of finding one more galil .308 mag and I can use my fal mags. up dates? muttman

Muttman, It will be after deer season or after I've gotten enough meat for the year before I really shoot it a bunch to prove it. I am hunting sometimes with it. So far so good!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Thank you, but I was not critisizing,
    I didn't take it that you were, but someone might and I wanted to make sure we were both understood. Sorry for any confusion

I have no idea what a smith would charge, I guess it would also depend on their experience with the AK style rifle? If they're a decent business person, or greedy?

"If my dog had a thumb" LOL

Feedback Score

renegadebuck,
    dinner at your house. good to here that sofar so good. I'll check back after the first of the year. muttman

Feedback Score

Looks good PM me and let me know how to order. Thanks

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RLTW View Post
    Looks good PM me and let me know how to order. Thanks

PM sent

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.