Gunco Forums banner

New machined Adapter for .223

69K views 348 replies 65 participants last post by  Warwickben 
#1 ·
Here's what the machined adapter looks like. It fits most stamped AK platforms.

See less See more
#172 ·
Renegade,

Since I cannot send messages yet (too new here) Im trying to get just a little more information, do you have a regular email address I can speak with you on? or a facebook or anything? Feel free to personally message me. I wanted to discuss forms of payment, order time, installation, etc. Ready to place order now. Thank you!

#174 ·
Renegade,

Since I cannot send messages yet (too new here) Im trying to get just a little more information, do you have a regular email address I can speak with you on? or a facebook or anything? Feel free to personally message me. I wanted to discuss forms of payment, order time, installation, etc. Ready to place order now. Thank you!
Well this explains why you were spamming threads all over the forum, why not just do it all right here

#177 ·
#178 ·
I received my mag adapter and it installed with out a hitch, I decided to file down the turn union rather than mod the mags, All i can say is renegade did a fantastic job and the shipping was speedy. Thanks to renegade and thanks to every one that help with the decision and any questions I had. Now I need to go to the range. Thanks again.
Nick...

#185 ·
I had hoped to finish them over the last weekend as I worked out both days for working on them. The storm came through and left with my power, so that plan "washed" out :D I hope to finish them this weekend, but I can't set aside the days for sure yet. I'd settle for one though to get closer. I'll keep you posted.

#187 ·
I have a 5k generator, but it hasn't been started in 8 years, so... but it won't run a welder.

The problem is not producing one, but the entire batch has to be done so I can send them to be Oxide coated. I/we can't afford to send them one at the time. I have a few finished, but not enough to offset the cost of coating. I need to have at least 50 done, preferably 100 so I can afford to sell them for what I do.

#191 ·
I mean you guys are having some weather. Dont worry about it. I think I saw you on the TV floating down the river...LOL...do not worry about me.....

I do not want to upset the process.....if you have 2 that are finished/tested and just need Oxide I will take them ...or go ahead and finish a batch...whatever works for you Mike.

#193 ·
Sarge; just wanted to let you know that you'll be very impressed with Mike's product. As long as you wait to get the adapter from mike before doing any work on the saiga, "So you know exactly what you need taken off", it will work perfectly. I've bought too many guns lately, so I haven't shot my saiga much lately. I took it out yesterday and put about 140 rounds through it. 7 USGI mags with 20 rounds each. "They're 30 round mags, but I find it easier to simply load 1 box per magazine". Anyway; I blew off all 140 rounds without one single issue. Works like a champ. It's nice to be able to bring the saiga and my M&P15 (AR) to the range together, and not have to worry about sharing magazines.

I have heard that the adapters; both mike's and that other dude's; are the happiest when using plastic magazines. I personally only have 20 round thermolds for home self defense. But at the range, it's always USGI aluminum magazines. Never had one problem with them. Anyway; just wanted to let you know that you're dealing with a first class product and a first class person in Mike. Later....

#199 ·
Mike/Sarge: I had a TYPO and didn't catch it until I read your posts. Mike's adapter DEFINITELY LIKES THE METAL MAGS BEST!!!

It's the plastic mags that sometimes have issues. It's about a 50/50. But the standard USGI mags is what I normally always use. Like you all know, you can get them really inexpensive.

Oh, if you all are interested, brownells has 20 round mags; SOCOM Tan in color. Guess people don't like the tan color. They have them for 1/2 price. $7.99 each instead of $14.99.

BROWNELLS : AR-15/M16 20- & 30-ROUND MAGAZINES - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools - BROWNELLS
Scroll down the page.

#203 ·
I wish 44mag had the D&H with free shipping. At $8.99 each, that would be great. I have had WAY TOO MANY PROBLEMS with C-Product. I believe a lot of people have. Might be the reason so many companies have their magazines on close-out and on sale.

My favorites are USGI surplus mags. I replace the followers with magpul gen III anti-til followers, and they are simply the best. I also like D&H, Colt, and Brownells. You can find some decent prices online; but then many kill you with shipping charges. And nowadays, even gun shows think customers are idiots, and many of their prices are in the $15-$20 range for USGI surplus magazines. I was able to buy 10 last fall for $5 each. I also have some Charles Daly and Parsons that I've been fortunate to get for around $6.

I'm not a fan of PMags. Many people like them. For plastic; if you can find the 20 Round Thermolds that were built during the AWB "1994-2004", (They say Law&Govt Use Only on them); those are very good poly magazines. CDNN has them for $3.99 each. Centerfire has them for $4.99 each. I've even seen some at Sportsman's Warehouse locally for $4.99. You just need to be careful. If you buy the ones that DON'T SAY "Law&Govt Use Only" on them, you are taking your chances. Many of the older "Pre-AWB" and many of the newer ones "Made for canadian military", were pretty crappy. But CDNN is still a great source for them if you want some 20 rounds. I use a lot of them in my Saiga with Mike's AR/Saiga magazine adapter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.