Gunco Forums banner

New machined Adapter for .223

69K views 348 replies 65 participants last post by  Warwickben 
#1 ·
Here's what the machined adapter looks like. It fits most stamped AK platforms.

See less See more
#339 ·
Hi, y'all,
I finished my retrofit about a week ago, but just got to go to the range today. Works flawlessly!!! There is a slight wobble when the mags are installed, and they practically
fall free when I push the release button.
I used a plain old dremel tool for the retrofit. The whole process spanned two days and about 3 to 4 hours. I went very slow on purpose, 'cause I didn't want to take too much
off the trunion 'cause I can't put it back on after it's dust! I would grind, check for fit, grind some more, check for fit, etc. I probably removed about half the thickness of the trunion.
Over all, I'm thrilled to have a dozen mags now for this gun when I only had two stinkin' Saiga mags before. Anybody wanna buy a couple of Saiga mags? I think they're only like 10 round mags though.
Thanks Renegadebuck!

#340 ·
yes I bought one of these after I read renegades bucks post here and on other sites because he said it would work in all 223's well thats partially true, it may work in saiga's with a openned mag well in the trunnion under the bullet guide, others have to be drilled out. So to simplify things if your 223 can use wieger mags then this unit should slip right in, if your trunnion only excepts polish beryl mags the trunnion needs to be ground down with dremel or mill to allow the M-16( ar-15) mag to fit and seat properly

other than that its a solid well made unit

#347 ·
Mike, I got 2 words for you and your product. FREAKIN' AWESOME! If my norinco wasnt such a damn "collector peice" I would put one on it. Thank you for a a truly great product. I dumped a GI 30 thru my rifle, which is all I want to shoot up with ammo being the way it is, and it was flawless. Mine took a bit more fitting, since it started out as a romy g w/ a cold steel blank, then converted to 223 w/ bulgy bbl and bolt, so it fit no particular pattern. Keep up the good work!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.