Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Finished Saiga 308

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default Finished Saiga 308

Finally did all the work in converting the bone stock Saiga 308 to something more appealing. It's a real sleeper at the gun range.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Did I do that?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Need the deets on the front handguard. I have one and that is the trouble spot for me.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Nice
    I was trying to talk a friend into converting his, but he's scared.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Cut and formed my boolit ramp from a peace of 3/4 SS pipe on a x39 Saiga.Take your time on the mag latch.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by eyegun View Post
    Need the deets on the front handguard. I have one and that is the trouble spot for me.
    I had the same trouble spot due to the large diameter of the .308 barrel. Couldn't find one to purchase that looked worth a sh*t so built one from stock plate and tubing, a nail for the sling loop and TIG welded them together, brazed to clean up the mating surface then added a set screw on top and dimpled the barrel. Held nice and tight during 40 rounds of test firing.

Did I do that?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I used the dinzag front handuard adapter (a 2 piece thing).

The diameter in the part wasn't big enough to properly fit the barrel, so I need to enlarge it.

Also, there is not adequate clearance between the barrel and the handguard so I have to somehow hog that out as well.

It's a pretty sweet thing once it's done.

Fritz did the muzzle work for me so I can use an ak74 FSB and muzzle attachments.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Looks great eyegun !! They look soooo much better this way than the stock version.

I saw those from Danzig and never really warmed up to the split retainer, bolt-on look though it would have been much easier than fabricating one myself. I was reconsidering the ease of purchasing one when I was about half way thru building the one on mine but pressed on and completed it. I did preferred his first test retainer he produced with the set screw but I figure it was too labor intensive to be able to market for a decent price

I cut the lug off a scrap Romy AK FSB, flattened both mating surfaces and attached the lug to the bottom side of the Saiga gas block with silver solder paste. It was very easy to do and I thought the cleaning rod was a nice touch to complete the look of the rifle.

You might also want to consider rounding off the front edge of the BHO lever like in the photo. My trigger finger would always rub against the original squared one and it really annoyed me. The rounded front edge helped a bunch.

Did I do that?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Damn Illya....I thought I was done building AKs. That's so damn cool I think I'm going to have to do something. Gotta have one!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Yeah I'm not feeling the love on the dinzag thing but I didn't want to take off the gasblock....

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

You might also want to consider rounding off the front edge of the BHO lever like in the photo.
    Good idea, thanks for the info
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.