Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: saiga 5.45 conversion

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Kvar also has the correct Bulgarian 5.45 bullet guides with the flat bottom. A direct drop in, with only a bit of grinding to remove the bolt assist cam on the left side.

Install by drilling and tapping.

The best thing is the price $15.00

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I have been wondering-what does a bullet guide look like ? could somebody post a pic?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Look at an AK just behind the barrel and you'll see this thing in there. (got the pic from K-Var)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

I know this might be a stupid question but why drilling and tapping to install the bullet guide? Doesn't it rivet in place?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SAR4 View Post
    I know this might be a stupid question but why drilling and tapping to install the bullet guide? Doesn't it rivet in place?
    Dinzag (probably the best known purveyor of such parts) offers bullet guides that are attached with a screw.

Riveting them in is done at the factory, and is beyond the reach of most home-hobbyists.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I assume bullet guides are riveted in at the factory before the trunnion is installed in a reciever, when I riveted in a bullet guide in a milled receiver build I did it was easy and I assume it would be the same in a stamped trunnion. But with the trunnion riveted in the receiver already I'm sure it would be very difficult.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

is there already a pllace to screw the screw into in the reciever or does a hole have to be drilled?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

is there already a pllace to screw the screw into in the reciever or does a hole have to be drilled?
    Has to be drilled
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

You can rivet it in place while it is still in the receiver if you build a bucking bar to fit the space between the trunion and the bottom of the rec. It also needs a support on the bottom outside to minimize distortion. Press straight down on the rivet and finish with a convex to provide the proper dish. Make the bucks thinner than the width of the rec to avoid flattening the bends. A bit tedious but doable.

There was a recess on mine for the starter hole, made it easy to drill. Much easier to do with a screw and red loctite. My screwed/loctited ramp hasn't budged!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.