Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: saiga 5.45 conversion

Feedback Score

Default saiga 5.45 conversion

is there anything special needed to convert a 5.45 saiga? i guess the biggest question is the bullet guide and if the ak74 mags would fit?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Well, since it's an AK74 with a funny stock on it, I'd say . . . YES, AK74 mags will fit (with the same mods being necessary as the other Saigas)

Bullet guide? These guns are identical to the .223 Saigas, with the exception of the bore diameter.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i haven't converted a 5.45x39 but it should be a cakewalk with the 5.45 mags being the same as any other ak74 mag.

you likely still need a bullet guide. i just made mine out of some pipe steel it wasn't very difficult.

Feedback Score

I have read people are able to fire the 5.45x39 without the bullet guide, but I think you should install one if you want reliability. It's not that hard to do. You can even make one pretty easily from some cut steel pipe (Check it out on the saiga-12 website)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I made my bullet guide for a 7.62x39 saiga with a piece of ss 3/4 inch pipe using a dremal tool,drill and tap.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score

I finished my saiga 5.45 conversion last week and I am waiting on two bulgarian mags. When i get them i will compare them to the stock saiga mag and give you guys a heads up.

Feedback Score

there she is ladies and gentlemen. I have looked at my buddies fake wood bakelite for his wasr 2, and came to the conclusion that the stock saiga mag and the bakelite were similar. But will do a side by side soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

Just got the mags today. I compared the feed lips and front of the magazine. they are slightly different. In operation they feed just fine. the magazine itself requires no mods, no feed ramp is needed.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thehoovah View Post
    Just got the mags today. I compared the feed lips and front of the magazine. they are slightly different. In operation they feed just fine. the magazine itself requires no mods, no feed ramp is needed.
    For reliability purposes, I'd recommend you install a bullet guide.

Not all mags are made the same, and a bullet guide will make up for any manufacturing variances.

Feedback Score

Just a note: the 5.45x39 saiga's that are here now have a flat channel for the bullet guide so the cut piece of pipe won't work. Looks just as easy to make though, just use a piece of flat steel. Not sure of the measurements as I haven't made mine yet but I will post when I get them. Or you can pay $30 for one at dinzagarms.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.