Thread: What would you think?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default What would you think?

I think most of you know by now that I make an adapter to allow a stamped .223 AK to use AR mags. I get asked all the time about how much modification to the gun is needed. It really depends on the type of gun. Some take little to none, others some, but not massive amounts. Anyway, I talked to a FFL that I have been using for transfers, and he is willing to allow me to "work for him" in the sole capacity of retrofitting these adapters for folks that are not sure they can or want to do it themselves. I sell the adapters for $120 shipped and that will continue. I was just wondering if there was a need for me to custom fit these to your rifles. Of course the FFL wants something for his time and trouble, and we argued about it for a while, the best I could do was $160 +shipping. But that is turn key installation. It could be less if you bought the rifle from them. I'm trying to get them to sell Saiga's but as of the moment, they don't so I can't tell you what price they would ask for them. I'm basically just fishing at the moment to see if there's a need and if the price is do-able.
    Also, I did get them to agree to only taking a $10 turn around fee if when I pick up the rifle and try the adapter it works without any mods. This would allow for the few that don't take any mods that we don't know about to not have to pay much.
    What do you think?

Feedback Score

be verry good in the CYA. the ATF has changed the rules for gunsmithing. that said go for it. muttman

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I'm not sure how clear I was on pricing. it would only be 40 bucks +shipping more than DIY. It's not something I really want to do, but it is something I would do as pretty much a courtesy. But thanks Muttman, I will check into it. I didn't know the laws had changed, although, I'm not surprised.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by renegadebuck View Post
    I'm not sure how clear I was on pricing. it would only be 40 bucks +shipping more than DIY. It's not something I really want to do, but it is something I would do as pretty much a courtesy. But thanks Muttman, I will check into it. I didn't know the laws had changed, although, I'm not surprised.

One reply. Thanks guys, I guess this service is not needed and I don't need to explore this any further.
    This is not a satiric post. I really mean thank you!!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

I don't think it's a bad idea, I have a .223 SLR106....but have a butt-load of mags for it already.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I'd like to see someone start making an affordable Galil adapter!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by zoom6zoom View Post
    I'd like to see someone start making an affordable Galil adapter!

What, in your opinion, is affordable? It's not that hard to adapt.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.